Chaper6: Only he can see

An: I finally got some inspiration yay!!:)

Disclaimer:I own nothing

Only he can see

It's been three years his been counting, his been waiting. He visits her mom,just to help her cope with Katherine's absence in all honesty she is the only one who understands his pain. During her absence his become cold, distant and in some rare cases cruel. Her letters kept him going until eventually those became few and far between before it stopped all together.  He kept every single letter like a life line reading over them so many times that he knows their contents off by heart.

It's a warm December day oddly enough, she comming home today. His nervous, Damon Salvatore is nervous. It's when he walks home from school that he spots a car in front of the Pierce  household. He doesnt think as he starts running towards the brunette carrying boxes. He doesnt notice the dead straight hair in place of her curls or the tomboy attire which was all very un-Katherine  like. No he rushes out tapping her shoulder gently a smile placed  from ear to ear at her arrival. But when this plain jane copy of Kat greets him, his face contorts into one of disgust. The girl smiles shyly at him. "Your. Not .Kat he states. His cold demeanor causes the girl speak up. "Oh,no I'm Elena, Katherines twin," he nods his head dismissively before asking "Where's Kat?" he doesn't give her chance to answer when he hears that ridiculous laughter echo out from his backyard. 

He jumps the fence to follow the sound of her laughter and what greets him is her smile. The one he had missed for so long. She's laughing with his mom while Stefan smiles awakwardly a  slight blush due to what Damon thinks could be  embarrassment . Finally he awakes up from his daze like state. "I've been waiting," his voice is softer  he would like but she hears him. She turns towards him leaving him slightly taken back at her apperance. She wasn't 13 anymore, her curls were tamed and neatly falling down to her waist. Her body held soft curves of womanhood,while her lips were glossed with a delicate pink. For a few seconds they were suspended in silence until she spoke up. "Damon , I've missed you," she smiles softly before engulfing him in her light warmth. "How have you been?" he asks only for her to hear. "Happy to be home," she replies.

He nods his head in understanding,when he notices her demeanor go cold. She looks beyond him and her smile doesn't meet her eyes anymore.He turns to see Elena had followed him in. There's something about her wide eyed look he doesn't like. Her all too innocent nature reminds him of a younger Kat. "Sorry he was looking for you and I was curious about the neighbours so I followed," Elena explains blushing at all the eyes on her. Kat nods before introducing her "Mrs Salvatore ,Damon and Stefan this is Elena my twin ,she'll be with us till graduation next year," everyone welcomes her kindly besides Damon.

He is too preoccupied with other thoughts. He can see the the change in Kat, the once so open brown eyes had a glaze of ice built up.

He watches her as she gazes at Stefan with something akin to longing and he smiles . Thinking to himself that somethings never change. He wonders when  Stefan will see just how much she's in love with him.

But for now only he can see...

The hope he holds, her ice edges And Stefans curiosity  for the wide eyed Elena. This was the start and end of many different things and all he can do is hope to survive the aftermath.