SANKHACHURNI

Geeta, a 7 years old girl, who loves listening stories from her grandma everyday, was again asking her grandma to tell a story.

Geeta :- grandma, please a horror story?

Grandma :- sure, honey!

          ~THE STORY BY GRANDMA ~

Once upon a time, there use to be a ghost named sankhachurni

Once upon a time, there use to be a ghost named sankhachurni. It was usually the ghost of married women or widowed women. They live near ponds, if any married women offended sankhachurni, then she disguises as that married women and live her life. To break sankhachurni's spell, we need to roast a turmeric root and make her inhale it.

Anamika, a lady in a nearby village. She was married to a farmer 6 months ago. She was a bit snobby. She was also lazy and slow at doing household works. As usual she forget to bring water for cooking dinner. The village had only one water tap in the centre.

Anamika's mother-in-law scolded her and sent her with a pot to bring water. When anamika reached the tap, it was all crowded. If she wait in line, then she can't take the water home till night. She also need to cook dinner.

She was about to give up and go back to home when her angry mother-in-law's face strike in her mind.

Anamika decided to go to the nearby pond in the woods and bring the water.

It was about to be dark when she reached the pond, carrying the pot on her head.

Sankhachurni noticed her coming to her way and take water. Sankhachurni got offended by anamika taking her pond's water withought her permission. So she attacked anamika and caged her in one of the tree. Sankhachurni disguised herself as anamika and went to the village carrying pot of water.

(For us, it is sankhachurni but for them it is anamika. But we are gonna address her like Anamika itself.)

The mother-in-law was impressed by anamika, bringing the water quickly regardless of the line near the tap.

Anamika went to cook dinner near the brick stove. anamika had famous powers like stretching her arms really long, etc.

Anamika made dinner in split second with her powers. Mother-in-law was really very impressed by the change in her daughter-in-law, little did she know that, she was not anamika.

Anamika was quick at household things, she obeyed her mother-in-law, did a good guest service and she was being good to the neighbors as well.

Everyone were praising anamika for her being articulate. Mother-in-law was really happy by the change.

Once a neighbor was passing from anamika's house. She saw her cooking. But when she clearly glanced it, she was frozen to see that anamika was stretching her arms really long to reach the spices and also she was burning her legs in the stove instead of wood.

 But when she clearly glanced it, she was frozen to see that anamika was stretching her arms really long to reach the spices and also she was burning her legs in the stove instead of wood

This can be done only by sankhachurni.

As the neighbor saw it, she immediately ran from there.

The next day, the neighbor told everything to anamika's mother-in-law.

To get rid of sankhachurni, she roasted some turmeric roots. since, sankhachurni couldn't resist it.

While anamika was sleeping, she kept the roasted turmeric roots near her nose. As anamika inhaled it, she couldn't resist it and came back to her real form, which is sankhachurni.

As she was caught, she was forced to release the real anamika and she did. Then left the village.

Geeta :- wow! Grandma that story was nice.

                       ~THE END~

           THANKS FOR THE READ😊

                 KEEP SCROLLING🔻