Chapter Two

The day of Beck's next visit, I couldn't bring myself to do what I know that I should. Even though I know how Tori felt about me, I also didn't want to hurt Beck. When I answered the door, I discovered that it wasn't just Beck. "Hey babe," he said, giving me a quick kiss. "Hi. Who's your friend?" I asked kindly. "Oh, Jade, this is Tanya. Tanya, this is my girlfriend, Jade," he said, and I held out my hand to Tanya, who didn't shake it. She looked like she was faking a smile, and I got a hostile vibe from her, like she was trying to hint to me to stay away from Beck or something. I sat down next to Beck, and Tanya sat down on his other side. Tori sat on my other side, and I started talking to her when Beck turned his attention to Tanya as if I wasn't there. I knew then that Tori and I had been right about Beck cheating on me. To my surprise, I actually didn't feel all that upset about it. "You seem awfully calm about this," Tori whispered to me. "I'm just as surprised as you," I replied, then I turned to Beck. "Look, I know about you and Tanya," I said. "Huh? I... It's not like that!" He protested. "You told me that I was the only girl you loved. Don't try and lie about it," Tanya said. "Fine. It - I should go," he said. "I agree," I said simply. Tanya followed him out after giving me her phone number, saying that she hoped we could be friends. "Well, since it's over between you and Beck, maybe..." Tori trailed off. "I know what you're thinking, and I think it would be good for me if I didn't jump straight into a new relationship," I replied. "That's fine. I'll wait for you as long as I have to," she replied. "Thank you for understanding, Tori," I said. "Anything for you, Jade," she replied softly. "Just know that I love you, and I'll come to you when I'm ready," I said. "That's good enough for me, Jade," she said. 

A few days later, I was absent-mindedly channel surfing when Tori came in and sat down next to me. "Anything good on?" She asked. "So far, nothing," I replied. "Maybe we can just hang out and talk or something like that," she said. "That sounds nice," I said, turning off the TV. "So, are you still thinking you're going to be a director?" She asked me. "Honestly, I'm not sure. I can't decide between directing and becoming a singer," I said. "Why not direct and sing on the side?" She suggested. "That... huh. I hadn't thought of that. It actually sounds pretty cool. How about you? Still looking at being a singer?" I asked. "Yeah, and I'm thinking I'll do some acting on the side," she replied. "Cool. Hey, do you remember those kids that did the web show?" I asked her. "Carly and Sam? Yeah, I remember them," she said. "I heard from Cat that Sam is going to move in with her in a few weeks. Maybe we can offer to help her unpack her stuff," I said. "Sure," Tori replied simply. 

We both fell silent for a bit, since neither of us could come up with something to talk about. "So, what are some of your hopes and dreams?" I asked her. "Well, I've already achieved one of them," she said, smiling affectionately at me. "And that would be?" I asked. "Finding a woman who I could spend my life with," she replied, and I blushed. "That's very sweet of you," I said with a little giggle. "One of the hopes and dreams that I have, but that I know I'll never achieve is becoming a mother," she said. "Who says you can't become a mother?" I asked her. "I know that I could adopt a child, but that's not really what I want," she explained. "Oh. Yeah, that would be a little tricky, considering that I'm not exactly set up for... that..." I said, blushing a deep shade of red. "Granted, but I'm sure that you'll be able to satisfy all of my desires anyway," she said, and I pulled my jacket up over my face. "What's wrong? I thought you'd done that sort of thing before, albeit not with another woman," she said. "Uh-uh. I never have, and I feel really awkward talking about it with my crush," I replied in a small voice. "I'm sorry. I didn't mean to make you uncomfortable," she said. "It's okay. I'm sure that I'll eventually be able to talk to you about that sort of thing without feeling really embarrassed," I said. "I think I have just the thing to cheer you up," she said, and I let my jacket drop from in front of my face. "Close your eyes," she said softly, and I did as she said, closing my eyes. After a moment, I felt her warm breath on my face, and then I felt her press her lips against mine. I sighed contentedly and kissed her back, enjoying the all-too-familiar feeling of her lips on mine. We separated after a few moments, and I smiled at her. "You were right. That was just what I needed to cheer me up," I said. "Glad to hear it. My heart belongs to you, Jade West," she said softly. "And my heart belongs to you, Tori Vega," I said.

----

Well, I got nothing to say here. Until next time!