Chapter 1:A new world

Three months after the apocalypse
Y/N Pov

The day was another dreary one. The fog still lingered in the air, but it seemed thicker today. I was one of the lucky, or unlucky depending on how you view it, few to survive. I lost a lot that day, family, friends, and any comfort I once had. Others lost more, so I can't complain to much. The biggest issue I have had so far is getting used to gun shots. The sound, one that once caused panic attacks, had become more common then bird chirps. My dog was still with me, and I haven't found any of the undead in my travels as of yet. This was my main luck, I didn't have to have the guts to kill something that looked human. I also hadn't found any survivors yet.

Looting was the only way to get supplies now, all frozen and refrigerated food had spoiled after the electricity went out. It shouldn't have, if it wasn't for that group known as The Ravagers. They came to the main settlement in this town and demanded taxes. When the group refused, Ravagers blew up the power station. I only knew this because of the radio I have, I rewired it to pick up police signals, the thing the settlement used to communicate. I didn't want to be part of the settlement, the few comforts I have would be taken then, but I did trade with them. I would leave supplies and return to weapons, food, water being left out for me to take. The settlement was honest, these Ravagers did not seem the same.

The C/N (country name) government is apparently still around, they have the largest collection of people living in Citadel, around 50,000. They have a military and have broadcasted their might to show that they were the new world order. A man named Jango Yurls led them, a man who dreamed of the world that had been taken from him.

I, meanwhile, still lived in my shitty apartment. I had my dog, enough canned supplies to last me a year, and due to my trade; an armory. I had 12 fully automatic weapons, 19 semi-automatic weapons, 8 bolt-action rifles, 5 shotguns, 6 handguns, and 2 revolvers. I also had around 1,000 rounds per weapon, so I felt confident in my little base. I still would loot for the settlement, they had lost their best supply runners early on to the undead. The only thing I was low on was entertainment.

Time skip to a week later

I was currently on a supply run, I found a bunch of batteries and gasoline in a gas station that I had not hit yet, when I heard some gunshots close by. Too close, closer than ever before. I grabbed the Bolt-action I had brought and looked through the sight. There was a group of men shooting at a horde of undead. They wore mainly black, and had caged helmets over their faces. Probably for protection. They seemed nice, so I decided to help them. I loaded a round and blasted it into an undead. One man glanced around and saw me, however because I was helping him he pointed and they began to slowly move to me, who was at a better position. As they moved they unloaded round after round into the horde, and I took one down by one. The man came over and looked at me, more in depth, before asking

?:"who are you?"