Chapter 3

We rood for most of the next day and into the night until Sypha and Trevor had found a slight clearing in the woods were we could rest for a few hours. As I was making my way out of the carriage Alucard offered his hand and I gratefully accepted, a slight blush forming on my cheeks. Hopefully he couldn't see it. 

Trevor and Alucard collected the fire wood and me and Sypha started the fire, hoping we were too far from a town or city to be noticed. As we all gathered and sat around the fire, well in Trevor's case lay by the fire, Sypha began to ask questions. "I'm still not entirely clear how you don't catch fire in the day light." I turned to face Alucard as he began to answer. "I am half human. My mothers name was Lisa and she was mortal." Sypha again spoke but in a kind playful manner. "I would very much like to hear the story of how that happened." 

I nodded along. "As would I, I bet it must be quite the tale." Alucard turned to me and offered a smile and a light hearted chuckle, I to smiled at his response. "She actually showed up at his front door." I began to listen intently to the story. "She found the castle and banged on the front door with the palm of her knife." I smiled again. "She sounds quite interesting." Then he continued. 

"Oh she was remarkable. She beat on the door until my father let her in and then demanded he teach her how to be a doctor." Sadly Trevor had to interrupt. "Wait Dracula taught a human woman how to be a doctor?" Sensing what was about to ensue I decided interrupt. "Perhaps you should not comment Trevor." Thanks to the stare I was giving him he nodded and rescinded any words he was about to say.     

Sypha then turned to me. "What about you Elia." I thought for a moment, but Trevor just couldn't keep his mouth shut. "Wait you said we couldn't call you Elia." I was quick to respond. "No I said you couldn't call me that. And as for me there's not much to tell." Alucard was the one to speak this time. "Come, there must be something." I took a breath and then began. "My parents never wanted me around and it only got worse when my powers began to come through. They became scared to the point were I would be locked out of the house for a day maybe even longer without food." 

I took in a deep breath remembering my childhood. "But it wasn't just me they neglected, also my older brother, all because we were different, mind you it wasn't in there eye's a good thing. Were I can use magic to do whatever I desire, my brother's was a bit more specific then that." I took a moment to collect myself. "Why what could your brother do?" Sypha asked. 

I wondered for a second how to put it, but there really wasn't any simpler way. "He could reanimate the dead. Once I found a dead wolf cub in the field near our home and begged him to bring it back, and being a big brother who wanted please his five year old sister he agreed in an instant." I chuckled at one of the very few happy memories from my past. "Though my parents weren't at all accepting of his gifts and our father killed the cub only a few hours after he was saved." 

"Eventually we learnt to stay out of our parents way and stuck together so we wouldn't have to deal with their abusive comments and remarks." I sighed again tears gracing my eyes. "But when I turned sixteen my parents abandoned me whilst we were away for some type of busyness. I don't remember what it was and I haven't seen my brother or them since." A lone tear fell and I could feel all their stares weighing me down. 

Suddenly I felt arms wrap around me and turned to see it was Sypha, giving me a hug. Then a hand came to my shoulder. This time it was Alucard, I looked up at him and gave a sad smile in appreciation. "What was your brother's name." I looked over at Trevor and responded. "Hector." 

------------

A short chapter I know, but I really wanted to get it out. Tell me if you were expecting this turn of events in the comments.