Chapter 6

Hey guy's just wanted to see if you were liking the book so far, if you are please tell me your thoughts. 

Hector had left not long after our heart felt chat, as he remembered the council meeting he was suppose to attend. To be safe I promised I would stay in the room that Hector had called forge room, but after an hour of waiting I got bored and that resulted in curiosity being peeked. What was the council meeting about and I wonder if the information could be useful for the others. 

The others, I hadn't thought about them much since I arrived in Dracula's castle but I had found my long lost brother so I think thats a valid excuse. I continued to wander the halls when a thought hit me, how would I get back to them?

Sure I can use my magic to teleport, but for longer distances I needed to know my destination and at the very least know what it looked. Sadly I had never come across and depictions of the Belmont estate in my travels so looks like I'm at ground zero at the moment.  

I continued exploring the castle, enjoying the gothic architecture and incredible structure of castle as I went. When I started to hear foot steps coming from down the corridor. Out of instinct I waved my hand infront of my chest and my body soon became invisible blending with my surroundings. 

The footsteps grew louder and a silhouette turned the corner, Hector. Even though it was only my brother I didn't know wether any vampires would be following behind him. He had almost passed me when he began to speak. "I thought I said for you to stay in my forge." He then turned his head to the side so he now faced my visible body. "I was hoping I'd last longer without you noticing me. Guess nothings changed." I gave a chuckle at the last part. 

"Even when we were children you could never hide from me, I'm surprised you even decided to try." I shrugged my shoulders and the two of us began walking back to his forge. "In my defence I was worried you were a vampire thats why I hid." I spoke with a playful undertone, but got no response in return.

Hector Led me down a corridor I hadn't seen before and we arrived at the forge, what I'm guessing was a lot faster than if we took the way I had come. I stood over to the side as my brother began his work. "So whats wrong?" He stopped mid way from hitting his work surface. Hector sighs before answering. "Is it really that obvious?" He asks and I was quick to answer. "You forget that I can read you like an open book." I walked over to my brothers side and held his shoulder. "So whats wrong?" 

He sighed once again, but this time he answered. "GodBrand told the council and Dracula about you." I released his shoulder and pushed him around so he was now facing me. "And your only just telling me this." He was quick to grab my hand as a way of calming me down, it helped a little. "I explained the situation however vaguely and Dracula assured that non of his vampires would harm you, seeing as I promised that you were no threat."

I nodded my head in wavered understanding, this just proves I need to find a way out of her and back to the others soon. "And you trust he'll keep his word, that a vampire will keep their word?"  Suddenly a new voice rang throughout the room. "A vampires word is sacred and we do not give it lightly." I turned from my brother to find a woman, no a vampire standing in the center of the door frame.   

She was beautiful, in a strange type of way, with straight flowing hair the colour of fresh snow, pairing in contrast with her dress that faded from a sleek black to a dark, almost blood like red. How fitting. "As much as I hate to agree she is right." I turned back to Hector as he continued. 'And I know Dracula he is a man of honour, he will keep his promise." 

I nodded and looked back over to the vampire who was now making her way into the room. "Elia this is Carmilla one of Draculas generals." He then gestured from me to Carmilla. "Carmilla this is my younger sister, Laurelia." Said vampire now stood before the two of us and reached out her hand to me. "Well it's a pleasure Laurelia." I took her hand not wanting to anger Carmilla. "I wish I could say the same." Her hand was cold as ice, much different to Alucard who still retained his bodily heat. 

Alucard, I hope he's alright and escaped from the night creatures with Sypha and Trevor, are they worried about me, do they think I'm already dead? So many question began to bombard my mind just at the mere thought of his name, I wonder why. He was a good friend, they all were. 

"Well she's brave Hector, I'll give her that." Her tone was more of a mocking one than anything else and this began to rub me the wrong way. "Why wouldn't I be. If what you said is true and a vampires word is to be trusted then I have nothing to fear from you or any of the other vampires here, do I." I left Carmilla stunned for a second which I'm guessing was a rare sight. "And smart, I might just like you yet Laurelia." 

After giving her an unpleased stare she then turned to my brother. "Hector, do you think we could send a group of night creatures to the Belmont home." Now this caught my attention. What does she want with Trevor's home. "And search for the Belmont Hold." Oh no. I have to stop this. "What makes you think it exists." Carmilla seemed shocked at my words and turned to me. "I've only ever heard stories and none with liable truth, so I know it doesn't exist." I said with as much certainty as I could fake.     

She wasn't having it. "Well we've had reports of a Belmont on the road and we thought them all to be extinct so who's to say the Hold doesn't exist." Hector then decided to interrupt, what in his eye's was becoming a bit of a spat. "Carmilla I insist that if Elia believes that the Hold isn't real then she's right." He looked at me and othered a smile one I greatly accepted. "She always is when it comes to stuff like this." 

Though both me and Hector agreed Carmilla was still not convinced. "But if I'm right then what harm could possibly come from checking. It won't affect the war effort and this is something that Dracula need never hear of." She turned to me at that last bit. Even if I wanted to, which I don't, I wouldn't even be brave enough to approach Dracula on my own accord.  

Hector then spoke. "I suppose your right. Ok then, but if they find nothing they return and we don't speak of it." Carmilla nodded at this, seeming happy to get her own way. Although I was far from happy, this would put my friends in danger and our mission. 

After my brothers approval Carmilla left and Hector then turned to me. "Why do you look so worried Elia, if your sure it doesn't exist then I believe you. I'm only doing this so I wouldn't have to start a fight with Carmilla of all people." I nodded trying to show my understanding. I really need to find a way out of here and warn my friends.