Prolouge

"Mom, Mom! Tell me one of stories about how you and Dad would fight demons again!" My son, Sabito, pleaded to my wife. "Sabito, stop bothering your mother! She's already exhausted from carrying your baby sister." I lectured.

Shinobu laughed, "It's okay honey, I know how much he loves our stories. Giyuu, come sit down with us." She rubbed her stomach.

"Should we tell him about the time at Mount Natagumo?" She turned to me. I nodded, "Yes, when your mom first met Uncle Tanjiro.."

T I M E S K I P

"..And then your Aunt Kanao landed right on top of Uncle Tanjiro and gave him a fierce kick on the head! Funny how they're married now, isn't it?" My wife chuckled at the nostalgia.

"Wowwww! Everybody seemed so strong back then. Being a Demon Slayer sounds fun."

My son was too young to understand that being a Demon Slayer was not as fun as it sounded. Me and Shinobu only told him the good parts, the happy memories. We haven't even gotten close what happened the night of the battle with Muzan Kibutsuji.

"Sabito, what do you think we should name your little sister?" She gestured for her son to come closer and listen to his baby sister's heartbeat.

"I want to name her something pretty! Maybe after a flower?" He suggested.

"I was thinking we could name her Kanae." I spoke up. I saw a surprised look on my wife's face, but then it turned to joy.

"Kanae? Like Aunt Kanao? Why don't we just name her Kanao after Auntie then! Then again, that might be confusing when she's older.." Sabito asked.

Shinobu sighed.."I think it's time we told him. He's 12, he's old enough."

"Sabito, honey. You had an aunt before Aunt Kanao. My eldest sister, her name was Kanae. You know how there were Hashiras back then? She was the Flower Hashira. Flower breathing."

"Oh..so what happened to Aunt Kanae?"

I saw Shinobu's eyes begin to water a bit. She doesn't usually cry this easily (perhaps it's the pregnancy hormones), I went to comfort her.

"She passed away in a battle with a demon. I told you about the 12 kizuki, this demon was one of them. But in the end, me alongside Aunt Kanao & Uncle Inosuke we got revenge and killed this demon. Her memory is still with us though, I'm sure Aunt Kanae would've loved to meet you, Sabito."

My son smiled, "I would've loved to meet her too."

T I M E S K I P

I walked into me and Shinobu's bedroom, "I just tucked Sabito in, goodnight love." I laid down in my spot on the bed.

"Giyuu, are you sure you want to name her Kanae? Perhaps we can name her after Tsukato. Her memory should live on as well."

"You've always talked about wanting a big family, maybe after awhile we can have another baby girl and name her Tsukato." I compromised.

"Maybe. Who knows, we could have unexpected twin girls! Tsukato & Kanae sounds great." She smiled.

In reality, I didn't mind naming our daughter Tsukato or Kanae. However after all these years, Tsukato's memory was too strong for me to bare. Plus, I never forgot the extent Shinobu went through to avenge her older sister.