007 || Irritation

I let Giyuu inside the house myself, wondering if that story my sister told was true. I found it childish that I could believe something so  mythical, but here I am.  At the dinner table with my girls, across from the man I suspect to be on the other side of the string.

"What do you think of Aoi's attempt at Salmon Daikon, Tomioka-san? Is it better than the one at your favorite restaurant?"

"It's quite good." He immediately went back to the dish sitting in front of him, devouring it.

I laughed, "Tomioka-san, you're such a kid," I stretched out my arm and wiped his face with a napkin. "Oh my, Aoi your Salmon Daikon is a hit! You got the approval from the expert himself, Tomioka-san!" I insinuated him eating messy.

"Only doing my job." Aoi retorted.

I turned to my beloved Tsugoku, "Kanao, why aren't you eating?"

"Oh. Sorry, Shinobu-sama. My mind blanked thinking about something else." She picked up a piece of fish with her chopsticks and slowly dug in.

"So, everybody tell me how your day was! We have a guest, let's make good conversation!"

"Guest...?! He practically lives here. I see him everyday, but weirdly only at the same times."

Smiling, "Aoi, it's okay. The Butterfly Estate always welcomes visitors. Am I right?"

"Yes, Shinobu-sama."

"Tanjiro and the boys have been training more harshly lately. I hope they aren't too hard on themselves." Kanao fidgeted with her bowl of rice.

~~~

Dinner finished up and everybody began to excuse themselves from the table. "Aoi, go to bed early tonight. I'll clean up while talking to Tomioka-san." I smiled at her.

"Are you sure Shinobu-sama? I'm fine with doing it."

"Yes, yes. Now, get to bed."

As soon as Aoi left the room, I looked at him in the eyes. "You've been acting weird lately. What's up?"

"I don't know what you're talking about." Giyuu said coldly. Liar. I mean, it could've been a good thing or a bad thing that he was acting strange. Maybe he sees the string too, and he's just shying away. I feel like I'm going insane.

I collected the dishes and started washing them, "You don't have to lie. You can tell me when something is up, you've been so weird lately."

"How am I acting weird?"

I slammed the plate I was washing down, and turned around looking at him. Funny how such a small question could irritate me. "Weird? You've been showing up unannounced nearly everyday! I mean I don't have a problem with seeing you, but do you not know how freakish it is for you to pop in and out and you're explanation is, "Hi. Bye." For the love of god-!"

I don't know why. But I snapped. I liked that idea of our strings connecting, but his in and out nonsense was drilling into my planning and poison time. Which aggravated me to some extent.

"I'm sorry." I tried to return to my shallow, 'happy' voice. "I didn't mean to lash out. I'm just really tired right now." I went back to intensely scrubbing the plates.

"No," He slipped on a pair of cleaning gloves and stood next to me. "You're right. I should stop popping in and out like that unannounced. Sorry if I weirded you out." Giyuu hugged me and after he let go, he started washing the dishes with me.

I didn't really get an explanation, but this was okay.

a/n: slight filler chapter, next one will be juicy forsho