Chapter two The team

The god of Mischief ensued chaos at the venue and struck fear into the hearts of the partygoers He held his glowing scepter and conjured his armor as he kept them running off.

"I said Kneel!" He shouted, causing everybody to do so.

"Is not that simpler" Loki continued. "Is this not your natural state? It's your unspoken truth of humanity, that you crave subjugation. The bright lure of freedom diminishes your life's joy in a mad scramble for power, for identity. You were made to be ruled." Loki gave a menacing smile. "In the end, you will always kneel."

Suddenly, one old man got up and faced the god. Loki's brows furrowed as he wondered what the elder would do.

"Not to men like you." He told Loki.

Loki chuckled. "There are no men like me."

The man was quick to rebuttal. "There are always men like you."

Loki brandished his scepter. "Look to your elder, people. Let him be an example."

The man's eyes widened and expected to be hit by the scepter's beam, but Captain America dropped in and deflected the blast with his shield. The projectile ricocheted and hit Loki, flinging him backwards.

Steve looked directly at Loki. "You know, last time I was in Germany, and saw a man standing above everybody else, we ended up disagreeing."

Loki stood back up and faced the Captain. "The soldier. The man out of his time."

"I'm not the only one out of time."

The Quinjet piloted by Natasha flew to the scene. Quentin stood between her and the co-pilot as she activated the guns.

"Loki, drop the weapon and stand down." Her voice said through the PA.

Loki immediately shot a blast at the quinjet, but Natasha was quick enough to maneuver the aircraft away from it below, Steve threw his shield at Loki and engaged him in hand to hand combat.

"I guess it's my time to join in on the fun." Quentin remarked and pated Natasha on the shoulder. "Don't die while I'm down there."

Natasha glanced back at Quentin as he opened the side door and looked down at Loki and Cap in combat. She knew he was about to jump.

Natasha said, "Do you know how high up we are?"

"I'm not going to think about it," Quentin said.

He leapt out of the Quinjet, he swung off a nearby balcony and landed on the ground.

Loki pushed Steve away, he was met with a fist to the face. It retreated to Quentin, but Loki was ready for his second punch, he deflected it. He gave Quentin a smirk.

"Barton's friend, the secret weapon."

Quentin glared at Loki at the mention of Barton. "What did you do to him?" He spat fuming with rage.

Loki didn't reply, he aimed his scepter and shot a blast at Quentin. Steve quickly threw his shield towards them, which deflected the blast before it hit his colleague.

He ran at Loki and engaged him again, punching him and dodging a swing from Loki's scepter. Quentin joined the Captain, the two exchanging hits with the Asgardian who was proving to be a worthy opponent.

Loki hit Steve across the face and kicked him aside, leaving Quentin to face Loki alone. For a few minutes.

He evaded the swings from Loki's scepter, each dodge it became easier to replicate after reading Loki's movements.

He roundhouse kicked Loki across the face, causing him to stumble back. Quentin then ran up and tried to grab the scepter, but Loki held on as they wrestled for it.