Chapter three Hulk's attack

Quentin leaned against the wall in the hallway as he thought back to what Loki had revealed to him. He remembered the faces of his parents, the loving people who raised him before was on vacation with his family in Florida. But now he doesn't know if they really really were his...he wasn't sure what to believe was real and what wasn't real.

Quentin waited in the hallway for what seemed to be a few minutes before Natasha walked out. She motioned Quentin to follow her.

"So, what did you get out of him?" He asked as they walked.

"We have to get to the lab. It's about Banner." She answered.

They picked up their pace up a bit and stumbled upon Thor. He asked how the questioning with his brother went.

"We know his plan. Follow. " Natasha commanded, in which the god gave a simple shrug and did as he was told.

The three entered the lab and saw Nick Fury already in an argument with Tony and Steve. Banner stood idly by and noticed them walk in.

"Did you know about this?" He asked Natasha, referring to the current conversation he was having with the other men with the Tesseract.

"You want to think about removing yourself from this environment, Doctor?" She replied.

Bruce checked. "I was in Calcutta. I was pretty well removed."

Natasha stepped closer to Banner. "Loki is manipulating you."

"And you've been doing what exactly?"

"You didn't come here because I batted my eyelashes at you. "

"Yes, and I'm not leaving because suddenly you get a little twitchy."

Bruce scoffed, then walked back to the computer screen.

"I'd like to know why S.H.I.E.L.D is using the Tesseract to build weapons of mass destruction."

Fury pointed at Thor. "Because of him."

Thor raised a brow and looked at him. Like he wasn't even supposed to be in the room. "Me?"

"Really?" Quentin asked.

Fury shook his head and began to explain.

"Last year, Earth had a visitor from another planet who had a grudge match that leveled a small town. We learned that not only are we not alone, but we are hopelessly, hilariously, outgunned."

Thor faced the director. "My people want nothing but peace with your planet."

"But you're not the only people out there, are you?" And you're not the only threat."

Fury turned and looked at everybody in the room.

"The world's filled up with people who can't be matched, that can't be controlled."

"Like you controlled the cube?" Steve asked.

Thor got face to face with Nick.

"Your work with the Tesseract is what drew Loki to it and his allies. It is a signal to all the realms that the Earth is ready for a higher form of war."

Quentin crossed his arms. "Whoa, wait? A higher form? "

Fury continued. "You forced our hand. We had to come up with something-"

"A nuclear deterrent." Tony interjected. "Because that always seems to calm everything down."

Fury turned to face Tony. "Remind me again how you made your fortune, Stark."

Steve decided to chime in. "I'm sure if he still made weapons, Stark would be neck-deep–"

"Wait, wait. Hold on. How is this about me?"