Death & Renewal

There are two forms of death, Physical and Mental. This is a story about both...

Katsuki cried out for help to the best of his ability. He was suffocating, the heroes were WATCHING, Deku was staring him down. Katsuki pleaded to Deku for help with his eyes. Deku almost ran in, but stopped-

'No, I don't think you can be a hero without a quirk...' Deku cried, as he stood still. The greenette shook his head, as he saw Katsuki's quirk turned off. Izuku ran in. "KACCHAN!?" Izuku was helpless against the slime, then a gust of wind blew both of the boys back.

Izuku immediately ran to Katsuki-

"SOMEONE HELP! HE'S NOT BREATHING!!!" That caught the attention of the heroes and the crowd. All Might's eyes went wide. Deku was breaking down crying. "HELP!!! PLEASE!!! HE'S MY ONLY FRIEND!!!"

All Might backed away nervously. This wasn't his specialty. But that green haired boy, he rushed in, despite his quirklessness, and right now, the boy he tried to save was dying...

The EMTs on site rushed to the blonde boy's side. They tried CPR, they tried to shock his heart, nothing worked. The lead doctor shook his head, as he walked over to Izuku. "The boy's dead. I'm sorry for your loss."

"NO! HE... CAN'T BE DEAD.... He can't... be..." The doctor put a shock blanket around the green haired boy. The heroes wanted to tell the boy how dangerous that stunt was, but the EMTs said he just witnessed something a boy his age should never have seen. The doctors and police kept the angry heroes at bay. A detective walked up to Izuku. The detective smiled, gently-

"I'm Detective Naomasa Tsukauchi," The black haired man kneeled down, to be eye level with the boy sitting on the back of the ambulance. Izuku numbly looked up at him. "What you did was reckless, but was in a good heart. Just... try to be more careful?"

"My legs... They moved on their own..." All Might was hidden in the crowd. The blonde haired man peaked up at that. A few minutes later, Izuku was walking down a back road, sulking. Kacchan was dead... No more bullying... But at what cost...?

All Might ran from behind a house- "I AM HERE- ACK!!" The man coughed up blood and turned back. Izuku started crying, not from sadness, but rage-

'No, I don't think you can be a hero without a quirk...' Izuku clenched his teeth. If All Might hadn't told him that, he wouldn't have hesitated... All Might said something about inspiring him to move, and that he could be a hero- Izuku's eyes shot up- "I can...?"

"Yes with my power-"

"What...?" Izuku growled. "YOUR power? I don't need YOUR power."

"H-hun..." All Might was shocked, who wouldn't want the power of THE All Might? "Why?"

"I hesitated because of YOUR words... And now... my best- only- friend is dead..." With that Izuku pushed past the hero, and left. All Might watched the boy walk away, in shock. All Might felt a pang of guilt. The same guilt he had when he couldn't save someone... Why did he feel like more than one person died just now?

A few days later. Tsukauchi was in an interrogation room, with a green haired woman. The woman wasn't being interrogated, she had come to the station worried because her son had been missing for five days and wouldn't pick up his phone, return a text, or even read the messages.

The poor mother was crying. Her son had gone missing. A quirkless boy named Izuku Midoriya. All Might had heard of the boy's disappearance and recognized the boy in the photo. The number one hero rushed to the police station to talk to his friend. The blonde hero stood behind the one way glass.

"Please find my baby, Detective..." The crying woman pleaded.

"I will find your son," Tsukauchi promised, the woman. The woman thanked him, as he handed her another box of tissues. The woman stood up to leave, with the detective comforting her. Toshinori Yagi, in his 'Small Might' form, walked up to his friend, as the woman left the station.