00 | Prologue

A strong burn runs down my throat as I down what's probably my eighth vodka shot. I've been at this party for about two hours and I'm already shit drunk.

Opening my eyes once the strong liquid has passed down my throat, I look around. There standing in front of me is my best friend Tanner Lindsey, and to my right is his twin sister Scarlet. For as long as I can remember all my memories are theirs, there's not one time I've gone out without them.

Pulling a vodka shot contest with Tanner was definitely not a good way to stay a little bit more sober, especially since he's like twice my weight so while I'm standing here with a spinning head he looks absolutely sober.

Walking— more like stumbling— over to Tanner I lean my head against his hard chest. "Why do you look completely sober while I'm spinning!" I exclaim emphasis on the 'spinning' part 'cause everything is literally spinning.

"Maybe 'cause your a lightweight." Tanner replied while chuckling at my swaying.

"I am not!" I whined at his words, "I'm going to get some more weed!" I continued, going to walk away but was stoped when Scarlet stepped in front of me.

"Aria I think it's time to go home." She said in a calming tone.

"But we haven't been here that long yet!" I groaned.

Tanner and Scarlet share a concerned look as if I'm about to throw up. "Come on Ria, let's go." Tanner spoke.

Before I could complain I felt the bile feeling coming up my throat. "Oh shit." I said out loud before throwing up in the kitchen sink. Stupid thoughts, I just had to curse myself. I was happy that no one else was in the kitchen at the moment to notice me throwing up.

"Ok Ria we're going to the car." I heard someone say before I felt myself being lifted into someone's arms. I felt so out of it right now, but I somehow loved this out-of-body feeling.

𝐎 𝐍 𝐄   𝐓 𝐑 𝐎 𝐔 𝐁 𝐋 𝐄 𝐃   𝐒 𝐓 𝐎 𝐑 𝐘

Unlocking the front door to my apartment I hoped that I didn't make that much noise 'cause the last thing I need right now is to have to deal with my dad.

After we all got into Scarlets car we went to their house quickly. And while there they got me to sober up a bit, which I'm very grateful for now. It's currently 2am so I hope my dads asleep. Walking over to his room I opened the door gingerly, inside on the bed laid my dad. He looked exhausted. He probably had a hard shift yesterday.

Going back to my room I turned all the lights off and laid in bed. Closing my eyes I couldn't stop the tiredness that overtook me.

Opening my eyes adjusting to the bright light streaming through my window, I stood up and went to the bathroom. After showering and getting changed to some black track pants and a black graphic tee I walked into the kitchen only to be surprised to see my dad on his phone at the kitchen counter.

"Hi dad." I announced as I hugged him.

"Good morning Aria, did you sleep well?" He replied softly.

"Yes." I bluntly said as I walked to get some muesli for breakfast.

Just as I say down and started eating the front door opened and in walked Henry and Reese. They were my dads two best friends, they all went to medical school together and all work at the same hospital. Henry and Reese live in different apartments that are both a few down from mine and dads. So them showing up uninvited isn't unusual.

"Hello Ria!" Henry said as he hugged me from behind.

"Hi Henry and Reese. Was work alright yesterday?" I asked them about work 'cause they all looked extremely tired.

"Yes, me, Henry, and your father had a big horror crash victim come in that caused all of us to have a six hour surgery on our hands." Reese summarised quickly.

"Wow, that's rough." I said.

"Yea." My dad paused as if remembering what to say, "oh yes, that's it, Ria I booked an appointment with Henry for you on Monday." He finished while walking around putting all the dishes away.

"Oh, ok." I tried to act cool while on the inside I was freaking out. I didn't have a phobia of doctors or anything, but I honestly just don't like how they always poke and prod you with stuff and ask about your personal life.

But I'm honestly fine with it. I thought half trying to convince myself.