1 ¦ The Case

TW: mention of dead corpse and blood

"Seo, Lee, in my office in 10 please", the older man yelled from the corridor, which made the two other police officers sit up instantly in their chairs.

"Did we do something wrong now?" Minho whispered, concern in his eyes as he glanced over to his coworker Changbin who sat across from him.

"I don't know...did you forget to feed his fish tank maybe?"

Minho hummed for a moment, shaking his head quickly after. "Uh I did feed them, to my cats" jokingly, his lips formed into a smirk.

"Urgh Minho!" Changbin ran his hand through his curly hair. Meeting his boss Bang Chan was never a good occasion.

The two of them finally stumbled in Chan's private office, the lighting darker than usual due to the blinds turned down.

Nervousness was washing over the two men, as the Chief called them in.

"Sir, is everything alright?" Changbin immediately asked, only to see a smile appearing on his boss's face.

"That intimidating am I?" a chuckle left the older male, as he removed his feet from the desk. "Yes, you don't need to worry. I just have a new case for you two".

"Ohh", the two exclaimed at the same time, feeling a bit more relieved now.

The Chief sighed to himself, glancing quickly at his computer. "Woman in her twenties, found stabbed in her apartment. I'll send you two the address to the crime scene."

Minho and Changbin nodded, mentally preparing for their new project. "I know you don't take murder cases anymore, Seo, but this person was from a prosperous family, meaning they requested a good and experienced investigator."

Changbin suppressed a smile while Minho nudged teasingly to his side. It meant they would get good money from this case.

Changbin was a famous detective in town and the city around. He got frequently asked to take part in TV shows with criminal themes to give off opinions and suggestions. Until now, he managed to solve every possible case.

"There is one thing left I have to say" Chan added, pointing to the door of the office, "there is a new detective trainee that will join you throughout the case here".

The two turned around, only to find a younger male waiting at the door. Tall and longer hair was what Changbin immediately had noticed, a strong scent of perfume was to smell instantly.

Oh a newbie to train, great.

"Hello, I'm Hwang Hyunjin. I hope to be working well with you".

Minho's face fell to the ground at the sight of the beauty shining from the younger. Turning around to Chan, he raised an eyebrow "Are you sure he chose the right job, Sir?"

At that, Changbin slapped against Minho's nape and got in exchange a fist in his stomach. "Jesus Min" he whined, covering his abdomen with his hands.

Chan sighed loudly again, to regain the attention of the three. "Yes, that is Hyunjin. Hyunjin, those are Changbin and Minho, your supervisors. You're dismissed now"

Minho and Changbin proceeded to greet and leave the office quickly. As they walked back to their desks, Hyunjin cared to ask a question. "Are we heading now to the crime scene?"

"Yes, we have to interrogate their neighbours and any possible witnesses as soon as possible" Changbin answered, putting on his vest and taking out his car keys "Should I drive, Min?"