7 ¦ My Jewel

A/N: reminder that every character could be a suspect :)

"How was your work today?"

Changbin lit up the lights in the corridor, which illuminated his whole apartment. After taking Felix's jacket off, he hung his own on the wall.

"Tiring as always." He sighed a little and started tugging on his tie, pulling it all the way from the knot until it slipped from his neck. "But guess what – I left earlier to meet a certain someone" he grinned and then proceeded to roll the tie on one hand slowly to not ruin it and placed it on the counter. He couldn't help but to catch a glimpse of the feline eyes that's were watching his movements from the hallway.

"Then I'm glad" Felix answered, his simple smile similar to a rise of sunshine.

Changbin placed the bag with fried chicken he had picked up on the way here, on the kitchen counter and rolled his sleeves up to his elbows to unclasp the first two buttons on his chest after. Again, he could not missing the way Felix's eyes seemed glued to his hands.

Enjoying the situation, he raised an eyebrow. "Wanna eat?"

The two sat down and Changbin took out the food and beverages out of the bag. "I also brought something" the blonde snickered, and took out the box full of brownies he had baked.

He handed it over to Changbin, who could only accept them with a surprised expression. "These are for me?"

Felix nodded while covering his grin with the back of his hand "Of course Binnie".

"Ohh" Changbin opened the lid of the container and the smell of the brownies immediately flew into his nose. He looked up with a bigger smile into the other's eyes. "Gosh you're making me blush, thank you Lixie"

The two continued with their conversation with the usual topics that would be interesting for both.

"So how is the case going?" Felix asked after a while, as he grabbed a chicken wing.

Changbin took the chicken out of Felix's hands and dipped it in the sauce. "Let's say there is just slow progress" he handed over the chicken wing back to Felix, who accepted it with a smile.

"Are you saying this little because you're not allowed to reveal more?"

Changbin nodded and watched Felix bite into the fried chicken. "Yes, out of protocol. Though, we're kind of stuck with something. Since you're an author who writes thrillers, what do you recommend doing?"

Felix dropped the bones on a tissue and licked his lips. "Ohh, an investigator who asks about my opinion?" Changbin just snapped the new chicken out of Felix's hands again with a snort.

"Mhh I always tell my readers to think outside the box, you know" Felix explained, while Changbin handed him over the dipped chicken with sauce, "You don't have to look for the info that you found, but the detail that is missing"

"Good point" Changbin commented, and took a piece for himself too. "Is one of my neighbours a suspect?" the blonde whispered curiously, wiping his fingers on the tissue.

Changbin shrugged with his shoulders as he grinned. "Can't tell you that" he answered as he sipped his soda.

"And what if I tell you something that could help you?" Felix took another piece and held it in front of Changbin's lips, in order for him to bite it. The policeman's cheeks got rosy at the gesture and could only slowly process the information. "What do you mean?" he croaked in between.

Felix crossed his legs and leaned his back onto the chair. "Lately I had a weird interaction with my neighbour"

"Who?"

"The one on the second floor. I think he's called Kim Seungmin" Changbin's eyebrows shot up and leaned forward on his ellbows with more interest, "Really? Have you seen the brother that lives with him?"

Felix's eyes were fixed on the last piece of chicken "Brother? I didn't know he lives with someone"

Changbin frowned, pushing the last piece of the meat in Felix's direction. "Really?"

The younger nodded, biting just the half of the wing. "Since then, I kind of feel watched in my own home, not going to lie"

Changbin formed his lips into a line as he saw how Felix's mood dropped.

"I'll make sure to solve this case quickly, okay?" Felix looked up to the other and handed over the second half of the wing. "I'll trust you with it"

Changbin had to fight the urge to hold Felix's hand, he would do anything to assure him even more of this whole situation.
"Wanna catch some air outside with me?" he instead asked, and the younger's face lit up again.

Taking two cans of cool beer, they headed to Changbin's spacious balcony. The view from up there was great, the city lights in the nighttime were mesmerizing.

"Thank you," Felix said, as Changbin handed him over the already-opened beer.

"I have now something to give you" Changbin snickered with anticipation in his voice. He took a little box from his pocket and handed it over to the blonde.

Felix stared down at it, as if he was getting engaged on the spot. Carefully, he opened the lid and took out a sparkling two-lane silver necklace.

"Oh my gosh!" he exclaimed, recognizing the brand. His own eyes were sparkling at this point, as looked up at Changbin with shock. "Why- why are you giving me this? It's too expensive!"

Chanbgin took the necklace from the boy's smaller hands and placed it over Felix's collarbones. "Because I like you a lot. And I kinda want to show it this way" he whispered and stepped forward to close the ends behind his nape.

Felix just froze on the spot as he felt Changbin's breath close to him. Heat rushed in every part of his body. He couldn't believe how this man was making him feel.

"But how can I accept this Bin?" he whined, staring down now at the amazing details of the necklace. "Just take it, please" Changbin tucked a hairstrand behind Felix's ear and carefully lifted his chin with his finger after. He hoped he could at least show how much he wanted Felix, and he wished for the younger to want the same.

Placing his hands on Changbin's chest, Felix leaned in for a passionate kiss.

---

"A necklace, really?" the man groaned, watching from afar the couple on the balcony. With a sigh he clicked a few more pictures before taking a glance at the photo-camera. With a distressed frown on his forehead, he tucked his camera back into his backpack.

"Soon you'll be mine, Seo Changbin. But first, I'll show you my magic tricks".