Chapter 2: Bottom Of The Barrel

The club boomed with loud music, people danced provocatively, some guys already gesturing y/n to join them.

She paid them no attention though, focusing on her surroundings wouldn't discontinue just because she was supposed to be having fun.

If anything, problems usually found their way around when everyone chose to be oblivious.

"Hey y/n, you ok?! You look tense!" Nya shouted, trying to remain steady.

She gave the girl a half smile, telling her she was fine and that her eardrums simply weren't used to the loud noise.

Which was a lie because almost every morning she would blast music so loud throughout her headphones that you could hear it playing through the otherside of the bathroom door.

"Have you seen Jay?!" Y/n inquired, realizing she hadn't seen him in a while– in the last two minutes to be accurate.

Nya chuckled before answering, "no, I believe he's still outside, trying to justify his ID", she finished, marking it with air quotations.

Entering was probably the easiest for her and Nya, which was great because at least they wouldn't be reprimanded by law enforcements for being underaged had they got caught–though, if sensei found out they'd be road kill.

Kai used his charm, much like he had done for everything. As for Cole and Zane, well they were just them.

Right before either of them could speak, someone yelled who wants cake.

To which they both looked over to one another confused, then burst into laughter once they saw who it was.

Cole, somehow found or perhaps, ordered a cake to the small corner table someone reserved and was slicing each layer with eagerness after announcing the proclamation.

"Huh, you know, maybe I will have a drink," she said to Nya before walking off.

Y/n pushed past the crowd of dancers, making a habit of politely moving people, that was until she realized no one there actually chose to acknowledge her due to the vulgar activity they'd been consumed in.

It wasn't your typical place for friendly conversation, if anything it could be considered a place to drink away or if you needed something with a little more cascar, there were plenty of people who were probably looking for a "good" time.

She took her seat at a stool, casualty taking over her senses, and ordered something that was rumbusk.

A tinge of mango combined with some sort of mint fused with copper-like whisky, stung powerfully at her tongue.

She cleared her throat, blinking her eyes and letting the alcohol burn at the center of her belly. 'Wow', y/n thought.

The bartender made his rounds, offering shot after shot to the already tipsy girl.

It had been a long time since she drank, from what she could remember her parents gave her the estimated size of three small cap fulls when she was thirteen years of age.

Recalling the memory, she teared up, desiring the sweet affection of her beloved parents once more.

..."But dad, I don't want to try that stuff, it smells disgusting," y/n said scrunching up her nose.

Wondering just why he insisted when she absolutely hated the smell and initially thought it to disgrace the first spinjitzu master if she drank some.

"Look dear, there's a reason why I want you to try this." He said, directly meeting her defiant gaze.

"When you are at peace with yourself and choose to respond calmly, I will tell you."