𝙰 𝙳𝚒𝚜𝚝𝚊𝚗𝚝 𝙼𝚎𝚖𝚘𝚛𝚢

As they stepped out of the car and made their way towards the school campus, Hinata found himself lost in his own thoughts. 

The mark on his neck weighed heavily on his mind, its origin shrouded in mystery.

 He trailed behind Kuroo and Kenma, who walked hand in hand, engaged in lively conversation.

Hinata snapped out of his thoughts, realizing that Kuroo and Kenma had been calling his name repeatedly.

"Oh, sorry!" he exclaimed, a sheepish smile spreading across his face.

Kuroo turned to him, a playful glint in his eyes. "Lost in your own world again, Hinata?" he teased.

"Yeah, sorry. I was just lost in thought," Hinata replied, his voice carrying a hint of distraction. 

He caught up with his friends, intertwining his arm with Kuroo's and Kenma's, feeling their warmth and presence comforting him.

Kenma's eyes narrowed, his gaze fixed on Hinata.

"How did you make it home?" he asked, his tone laced with suspicion.

Hinata shifted uneasily under Kenma's scrutinizing stare. 

Memories of last night once again rushed to Hinata's head. 

He blinked, trying to clear his mind, and then smiled nervously. 

"Ah... I was walking home, and after a minute or two, everything began to feel fuzzy, so I called Akaashi to come pick me up."

Kenma leveled his eyes with Hinata, his curiosity piqued, but before he could say anything, a sudden cacophony of shrieks from nearby women filled their ears.

The three of them turned their heads in unison, their attention captured by the commotion.

 A crowd had gathered, and the source of the excitement became clear as they saw a familiar figure making his way through the throng.

Hinata felt his heart skip a beat, his mind immediately connecting the sight of Tsukishima with the mark on his neck. 

The burning sensation intensified, and a mix of confusion and anxiety washed over him.

Kenma let out a weary sigh. "Tsukishima's fan girls hurt my ears every morning. They're so loud and obnoxious."

Kuroo responded with a hint of irritation in his voice, "You'd think for a pretty guy, he'd at least have a pretty attitude. But no, he's as cold and sarcastic as ever."

Hinata's confusion deepened as his friends exchanged puzzled glances.

 He couldn't understand how he could have known Tsukishima all this time without realizing it.

"Um... you guys know him? He's always gone here?" Hinata asked, hoping for some clarity.

Kenma shook his head, his voice tinged with bewilderment. 

"Hinata, Tsukishima has been a student at our school for years. How do you not know him?"

Kuroo chimed in, his tone gentle but perplexed. 

"Shrimp... The same thing happens every morning. Tsukishima walks by, and you never miss the chance to express your pity for him and his 'pretty face'."

Hinata's mind raced, trying to recall any memories of interactions with Tsukishima. 

He strained his brain, but nothing came to the surface. 

It felt like a gap in his memory, a puzzle piece missing from the picture.

A sense of unease washed over him as he realized the extent of his obliviousness.