𝐍𝐈𝐍𝐄 - 𝐋𝐨𝐧𝐠𝐢𝐧𝐠

༻✦༺༻✦༺༻✦༺

Johanna and Finnick walked with Annie and Mags after lunch. It was the day after the victors were liberated.

The three tried as hard as they could to try and cheer up Finnick Odair, but it didn't prove successful.

Finnick was sedated after trying to fight through doctors to see Kekoa Hades. 

He ended up seeing Rhosyn Hart, which made him happy for the time being. The two were finally reunited, but it wasn't the same without Koa.

Rhosyn wasn't shocked when being told about Koa's injuries, however, she was still upset not being able to see her. 

"Prim!" Johanna called out to Prim, whom she saw walking in the hallway. Johanna smiled at Annie and Mags, and the two nodded, taking the hint and walking down a different hall, giving them space.

Prim immediately turned to the two and smiled, walking towards them. Johanna nudged at Finnick and gestured her hand to Prim. Finnick looked up from the ground, rope in hand.

"How is um. How is Koa doing?" His voice cracked and broke, but he got the words out. Prim took a deep breath, sighing.

"She's alive. She hasn't woken up yet."

"Can I see her?"

"I would let you, but, I can't. After Katniss was attacked by Peeta, Coin didn't want another injured victor on her hands. We don't know how she'll act when she wakes up." 

"Koa wouldn't hurt me."

"They thought that about Peeta too. You can only visit her if you're authorized, sorry." Prim frowned, immediately feeling bad, but there was nothing she could really do. 

Finnick nodded and Johanna thanked Prim before the two walked away, Finnick leading them.

"Where are you going?" Johanna had to jog a bit in order to keep up with Finnick's fast paced movements as he marched down a few hallways and into an elevator.

"Going to get authorized."

"Finnick, they won't let you." Johanna said.

"I don't really care."

"I want to see her too, okay? But if they do let you, would you be able to handle it?" Johanna said, and Finnick froze. He hadn't actually thought about that.

He hadn't seen the pictures of her injuries. Johanna had seen them instead when he was sedated, but after his outburst, doctors didn't let him see the photos.

"If it means I can see her again, I'd handle anything." The elevator doors opened.

The two walked to the commanding room. 

Beetee was sat at a computer, Plutarch stood behind him, and Coin was seated next to him. The three looked at Finnick and Johanna once they made an entrance.

"What's going on?" Plutarch asked, and Finnick balled his hands up into fists of anger.

"I want to see Koa."

"No." Coin immediately responded, which made him extremely angry. "She could be just like Mr. Mellark right now, it's not a good idea."

Plutarch sighed, slightly rolling his eyes in a way with her answer. Johanna frowned.

"What if she isn't? She isn't even awake, she can't hurt him." Johanna said, trying to defend Finnick's point but Coin shook her head.

"Get these two out of here."

Johanna and Finnick really hated Alma Coin. They know they have to follow her, but it's like she didn't even care at all.

Plutarch stepped forward and removed them from the room, Finnick wanted to fight back, but didn't feel like getting sedated again so he stopped.

Leaving the doors, Plutarch whispered.

"I can let you see her tonight." His hands moved with his words, looking between the two of the victors. "You have to keep quiet about it. I'll have guards there."

"Can I bring Rhosyn?" Finnick asked. Plutarch thought for a moment before nodding, and Finnick smiled. It was a broken smile, but he was happy someone finally cared.

He could finally see her, tonight. It was happening.

Johanna and Finnick wandered the hallways aimlessly, waiting for midnight, since that is when Plutarch wanted to meet.

The two decided to get Rhosyn from the hospital wing. She would be released today from treatments, but she would need to attend therapy every single day.

Rhosyn finally was set free from the hospital wing, and she let out a breath, smiling.

"Finally." Rhosyn said, making Finnick and Johanna smile. "You know how annoying it is to be asked the same question a thousand times, they just don't get it." 

"Nice to see you out of there." Finnick said, Rhosyn just looked up at him and smiled. The two shared a long deserved hug, happy that they were finally able to see one another again.

"How long was I in there?" Rhosyn asked, backing away. "They never told me."

"8 weeks." Johanna spoke, and Rhosyn's mouth dropped a bit, then her face turned sad. "What's wrong?"

Rhosyn looked to Finnick, not wanting to say it in front of him, but he assured her it was fine. He would know eventually anyway.

"Koa got tortured almost every single day, after we woke up at least. It got worse as it went on." Rhosyn said, and Finnick wanted to cry, he wanted to scream, but he wanted to stay strong. 

The minute he broke, was the minute everyone else would follow. 

"You know, I heard from the doctors when we were rescued, Koa fought off some of the guards to get to me." Rhosyn smiled as they started walking down the hallways. "We didn't know who they were. I think she punched some guy."

Johanna and Finnick were confused, but interested. Rhosyn looked in the air, trying to remember and think of the name.

"Howsorn, Hawsorn, Hawsern, oh!" Rhosyn had an idea that popped up into her head. "Think it was Hawsthorne, maybe." Rhosyn's eyebrow furrowed in thought again, and both Finnick and Johanna laughed.

Koa punched Gale.

Gale was an interesting one. The two didn't have a reason to hate him much, but he was definitely full of jealousy. Whenever Finnick and Katniss spent a minute together, he was always glaring him down.

"Maybe just Hawthorne, thinking is difficult."

The three shared a laugh and found some place to sit until midnight. Haymitch and Valentina eventually came over as well.

"How's Katniss?" Johanna asked about her roommate, and Haymitch sighed.

"She's fine right now, just a bit shocked." 

"Did they say anything about her yet? Any updates?" Valentina asked about Koa.

"Still sleeping." Finnick answered. "Have you seen her yet?" He asked Haymitch who shook his head.

"No. Wouldn't let me see her either kid." Haymitch sighed. 

The group sat in silence after that, but Rhosyn quickly made conversation with everyone so they mood could be a bit better. Koa wouldn't want anyone to pity her completely, even if she didn't know they were there.

༻✦༺༻✦༺༻✦༺