𝐒𝐄𝐕𝐄𝐍𝐓𝐄𝐄𝐍 - 𝐒𝐮𝐫𝐩𝐫𝐢𝐬𝐞𝐬

༻✦༺༻✦༺༻✦༺

The rest of their honeymoon was spent with just them. Waking up together in bed, going out for the day, eating an actual good meal, talking, then not being able to get enough of eachother.

This went on for almost two weeks, and although it would be boring for some, it never got boring to them.

There were very few nights where they actually connected... physically. Other nights they just wanted to cuddle each other and be there for each other.

Soon enough, it was over. They had to get up and get ready to train, but they didn't want to get out of bed.

The two just faced eachother in bed, only a blanket covering them.

Koa took in how different he looked. When she first got to thirteen, he looked very skinny and unkept. His under-eyes were dark purple, hair disheveled. Now, he looked back together, it made her happy that he was feeling okay again.

"Are you ready for today?" Finnick asked, his morning voice was deep and hoarse.

"Yes and no." Koa stretched her arms out a bit before laying them against his chest. "I want this war to be over so we can live our life in peace, but I don't want to get out of bed."

Finnick chuckled, which made Koa laugh a bit.

Eventually, the two had gotten dressed into their uniforms. They both wore plain black. 

"You look good." Finnick had a smug look on his face, and he kissed her forehead.

"I look like a soldier."

"Hey, that doesn't make you unattractive!" Finnick rebutted, and Koa cracked a smile.

The two had a few moments of silence, not wanting to break it first.

"Promise you won't leave me again." Finnick's voice broke a bit. Koa didn't answer. "Promise."

The look Finnick gave behind his eyes was full of a mixture between sadness and fear. 

"I promise." Koa said, nodding. "Do you promise?"

"I promise."

༻✦༺༻✦༺༻✦༺

They spent almost two weeks constantly training, every single day. They trained with Boggs, random soldiers, Johanna, and some of the propo people from the Capitol. All for it to be put to waste.

"No combat squad? Are you shitting me?" Koa huffed. 

Rhosyn and Koa were in Rhosyn's room, Koa was just ranting.

"At least it's more safe." Rhosyn shrugged. "You and Finnick don't have to worry about being hurt."

"Yeah, but we've been wasting away training for almost a month to be placed on a propo team." Koa said. "I want to actually fight!" As soon as the loud yell left Koa's mouth, she felt uneasy, immediately getting up and going to the toilet.

She puked.

"What the hell?" Rhosyn chased her, and saw what she was doing. "Oh my god."

"Rho."

"Oh my god."

"Rhosyn!"

"Holy shit, you're pregnant!"

"No! No, I just got uneasy, you know how bad the food is here." Koa wiped away her mouth and flushed the toilet.

"No, no. It's almost been a month since your honeymoon. That's when it starts. Are you late?" Rhosyn was pacing now, and Koa was wiping her mouth with a towel.