Ch. 15

"So, how was your walk?" asked Wave when Jason arrived back at the ship and got back in bed.
"It was fun."
"Anything happen?" asked Wave.
"No. Nothing." said Jason. "Just a normal refreshing walk."
"Well, that's new. Usually every moment of our lives is filled with fighting..." said Wave "fighting..." she said while snapping her fingers, trying to find the right word.
"Metaru?" suggested Jason.
"Yes. Metaru. Sounded nice." finished Wave.
"Yeah, it was nice." he said and rolled over in bed, facing the wall.
"Something wrong?" asked Wave.
"No. Just tired." said Jason.
"Oh. Okay." said Wave. "I'll let you get some sleep." she got up and headed towards the door. "Good night."
"Good night."
"See you in the morning." and she left.
Jason wasn't really tired. He just kept thinking of what Mekka said. His voice filled his head, and it kept repeating the same thing. You were created to bring this world to it's knees. You were created to kill. It was driving him crazy. After two hours or so he fell asleep.

The next morning Jason awoke feeling tired. He walked, or stumbled, rather, to the bridge where everyone was hanging out.
"You're finally up." said Jet.
"Morning." said Wave. "Sleep well?"
"Yeah." Jason lied. He was still thinking of what Mekkaku had said the other night. You were created to kill. He couldn't believe it. Just then he looked out the window.
"Are we flying?" he asked.
"Yeah." said Jet. "Last night, while the rest of us were asleep, Wave and Tails worked on the engine."
"Really?" said Jason. "Nice work, guys."
"It was nothing." said Tails.
"So ,where are we headed?" asked Jason.
"Antarctica." said Jet.
"Antarctica?" asked Jason.
Jet walked over to a control panel and pushed a button. A picture of an emerald appeared on the monitor.
"Have you heard of the Chaos Emeralds?" asked Jet.
"Um... no." said Jason.
Jet looked at Sonic and nodded. "The Chaos Emeralds are the most powerful things on the planet." said Sonic. "They have the power to control time. They even have the power to turn a being Super."
"You should see Sonic when he has all seven emeralds." said Tails.
"There's seven?" said Jason.
"Yep." said Sonic. "I had all seven Emeralds once. I used them against Mekkaku. Almost killed him, too. But the power of the Emeralds left me and I was forced to retreat."
"What of the Emeralds?" asked Jason.
"They scattered all around the globe. Well, Mekka found one and sent it back in time, so I'd never be able to use it against him ever again."
"So why look for them? I mean, you can't use them without all seven, right?" said Jason.
"True." said Sonic. "But Mekkaku only needs six for his plan."
"So, we need to find them first." said Jason.
"Exactly." said Blaze.
"The ship's scanners picked up an energy signature similar to that of an Emerald." said Jet. "We're going to check it out."
"In Antarctica." said Jason.
"Yes." said Blaze. "Even if it's not an Emerald... we have to be sure."
"Right, right, right." said Jason. "Better safe than sorry."
Jet looked at one of the monitors. "We're there."
Everyone looked out the windows.
"That's a lot of white." said Jason
"As ice tends to be." said Wave. "Right?"
"Ha, ha, ha. Very funny." said Jason. "I forgot how to laugh."
"I can teach you." said Wave.
"All right, guys." said Jet. "Grab what you need. We're landing here."
"We'll finish this lesson some other time." said Jason.
Wave smiled and followed Jason to the hangar, along with the others.