Ch. 25

Wave approached the front doors. A storm was coming and the light was fading. It was nearly impossible to see anything in the base. All the lights were off and all of the Metaru robots had been shut off and were standing upright along the walls. All the machinery was shut off, too. It looked as though they had shut down for the night, except it was daytime.
"Jason?" Wave said, entering the base. She felt as though something was wrong. "Jason?"
"Hey, Wave."
She turned around and saw Jason.
"Jason. You have to snap out of it. Mekka's only using you."
"So you came down here to try to reason with me? Is that me?"
"This isn't you. You're better than this. I mean you almost killed Blaze. You hurt her badly."
"Yeah. Almost. It was fun while it lasted, though."
"She was your friend!"
"Was! Not anymore! You are all my enemies, now! And you must all be stopped."
Jason entered in a code into a touch-pad on the wall and all the lights came on and all of the robots turned on and cornered Wave against the wall. Some of the robots stepped to the side, allowing Jason access to Wave.
"Jason. You have to stop this!"
Jason walked up to her. "You know, I'm getting really tired of listening to you, Wave." He punched her across the face, knocking her out. He turned to one of the robots. "Put her in a holding cell." He looked down at Wave. "I'll deal with her later." He turned around to walk away.
"Let her go!"
Jason turned to look at the entrance. "Well, well, well. If it isn't Sonic. Ready for a re-match?"
"Jason! You have to stop this!"
"You know, Sonic," said Jason. "I'm getting a little tired of listening to you, too."
"If you don't stop this right now I'll have no choice but to..."
"To do what? Kill me?"
"If I have to."
"Oh yeah? You and what army?"
Knuckles, Silver, Tails, and Jet appeared next to Sonic.
"I should've known you wouldn't be alone, Sonic. You know you don't stand a chance in a one-on-one fight against me."
"Guess I won't have to worry about that now." said Sonic.
"Guess not." said Jason.
Jason looked behind him to see if the robots were taking Wave to a holding cell. They were. Sonic saw this is an opportunity. He ran at Jason at about 400mph, sending him sprawling on the floor. Jason got up and pulled out his sword. Sonic did the same. Sonic rushed at Jason again but Jason moved quickly and blocked the attack. The ended up in a sword-lock, staring each other down.
"Jason, please." said Sonic. "Stop."
"Oh, I'll stop," said Jason. "When you're all DEAD!"
Jason quickly backed away and swung his sword. Sonic moved just as fast and countered Jason's attack, cutting his arm. Jason touched the cut with his free hand and then looked at the blood on his hand.
"Well, well, well. Look who drew first blood."
"You drew first blood, Jason! When you attacked Blaze!"
"Wow. You seem to really care for Blaze. You only just met her, like, a day ago?"
"She's still our friend."
"'Friend'." Jason scoffed.
"Yeah. 'Friend'. As in 'friendship'. Something you used to care about."
"Well, it seems I found your weak spot."
"Huh?" said Sonic. "What do you mean?"
"You'll see." said Jason. He called over a group of robots and gave them an order. They took off out the door.
"What have you done, Jason?" asked Sonic.
"I just sent a group of robots to eliminate Blaze."
"WHAT?" Sonic yelled.
"What's it gonna be, Sonic. Me or Blaze?"
Sonic looked back at the robots and then back at Jason.
"This isn't over."
Jason smiled. "I know."
Sonic turned around and took off after the robots.