Who I Am

Zero POV

I was supposed to go to school today, but I came across a platypus wearing a maroon suit jacket on my way to school. 

"Zero!" He exclaimed approaching me.

"Who are you?" I questioned, hesitant at first.

"I am a friend of your father Infinite: We once planned to make a better world together." He responded, revealing a device with a swirl on his glove.    

"Infinite, who is he? Is he my real dad?" I questioned, possibly getting a breakthrough on my heritage.

"Yes, Shadow just forced your Mother to be with him. Infinite is her true love." He replied, smiling at me.

"Please tell me more," I said, wanting to know about my real father.

"The Poor guy has been wrongfully convicted. I will help him get out of jail and reunite with you and your mother but under one condition." He announced.

"Yes, I will do anything to meet my real father," I respond, feeling a need to do his bidding.

"Good, now I want you to record all the conversations between Team Dark on this device." He replied, throwing an old-school USB mp3 device at me.

"Yes, I will," I said, taking the device and running off to school. 

I spent the day thinking about this Infinite Guy: He must be a jackal like me. My life would be so much better if I could meet him and get Mum to go back to him. Ruby good stay with her precious Daddy, who is just a science experiment while I hang around with my real natural-born Dad.  After school I head home, sitting quietly: I record Shadow and Rouge having a conversation about somebody called Starline. According to them, he had returned after not being seen for 10 years. 

"Zero, how are you?" Rouge asked, looking over at me.

"I'm great," I respond, pretending to read a comic book.

"If you need someone to talk to, Aunty Rouge will always be there for you." She reassured me, smiling at me. 

"Don't worry, I will tell you everything." I lied, giving her a fake smile.  

"Good, I know how hard life is at your age," She said.

"Daddy, I passed!" said an excited scream entering the room belonging to Ruby.

"I'm so proud of you," Shadow responded, catching her as she ran into his arms for a hug.

"I'm your favourite right?" She asked, hugging him.

"I love you both equally, now how about I take you both out for ice cream?" He announced.

"I have homework to study." I lied, not wanting the imposer to be my dad anymore.  

"Great, I'm proud of you." Shadow acknowledge.

"Yay! Me and Daddy time!" Ruby squealed.

I could tell that secretly Ruby was more loved than me, I couldn't wait to be reunited with my real father. 

Sudden Flashback: Zero POV 10 earlier.

"Daddy," I said walking towards a jackal who looked very similar to me.

"One day we will rule this world: You will grow up to be my successor." He announced, picking me up, while my Mum watched on with a very round belly.

Present Day: Zero POV.

I just suddenly had a flashback of me as a toddler interacting with an older jackal who I called "Daddy." Mother seemed to be very pregnant. Did this once happen?