Daddy's girl

Ruby's POV

"Zero was supposed to be home an hour ago."

I heard my mother gasp, pacing up and down our hallway. 

"He's probably being a rebel as usual," I tell her sighing. 

Despite being 2 years old than me, my brother Zero was about 10 years mentally behind me. I know I'm the only bio child of the ultimate lifeform so maybe that was why I was way ahead of him.  I only had to attend school for a couple of years before I was allowed to stay at home in the Team Dark headquarters and study whatever my level was.  Several times I asked my Dad if I can join Team Dark already. 

"Ruby you're only 10, legally you can't even begin any training until 16." He would tell me.

"Dad I want air shoes." 

"Not until you're an adult." He would reply. 

I hated having the mind of an adult in a 10 year old's body. Sometimes I wish I could grow up faster or be an ordinary kid. Watching my brother Zero deliberately fail at life made me so angry. He was so lucky to have a chance at childhood. 

"Shads, Zero is not home." I heard my mother say sobbing to my father as he returned home. 

"I've done my best for him, why can't just listen!" Dad growled, before storming off outside.

"Daddy I help you find him," I called, chasing after my father. 

"Stay with your mother." He responded, before disappearing into the distance. 

"Fine!" I muttered, returning home to Mother. 

I soon discovered Mother sitting on a chair looking worried.

"Don't worry Daddy will soon find Zero," I reassured her, placing a hand on her shoulder. 

"Zero is my special child." She muttered under her breath.

"Mother if don't mind me asking, who is Zero's bio father I know we don't have the same Dad?" I asked, curiously.

"It's complicated... Now how were your studies today?" She responded, changing the subject.

"It's obvious that he's a jackal," I tell her, looking to see her reaction. 

She let out a gasp before replying. "Some Jackals are loveable...." She said, letting out a sigh.

"It's fine mother, I will learn all about the jackals of Mobius on the internet in a few minutes," I announced, running to my room and locking the door. 

Before I had time to search for anything, I heard screaming and the sound of a window smashing. Racing out of my room, I discovered Zero and a jackal who looked very similar to him, standing over Mother.  The Jackal then placed a cloth over Mother's face making her pass out. 

"Finally we're a family again." Zero said, smiling at the other jackal. 

"No!" I screamed, approaching them.

"Too bad Shadow didn't let me bond with you long enough or I would be considering you my daughter. " The Jackal announced, smirking at me. 

"Shadow is my father, I am the daughter of the ultimate lifeform." I declared, charging towards him.

"Honestly I would love to take you out as revenge on revenge on your father, but Y/N would never forgive me." The Jackal told me, still smirking.

"So count yourself, luck is." Zero said smugly. 

"Now let me, Y/N and Zero continue our lives as a family. Maybe one day you will decide to join us." responded the jackal. 

"You won't get away with this, my Dad will hunt you down," I announced, trying to make the jackal get away from Mother. 

Suddenly I was thrown into a wall and Mother, Zero and the unknown jackal vanished before I could do anything. Right now I just wanted my Daddy.