Chapter 45: Revenge or forgiveness?

Mia tried to move, but she really couldn't. She was sitting powerless against the railing, listening to the firebending and noises up the roof. 

"What is going on there?" She yelled, but no one was responding to it. The gondel suddenly stopped and Mia fell on the groudnt o the ground, flat on her face. Zuko jumped into the gondel. "They are cutting the lines!" 

"Zuko!" Mia groaned and he helped her up. "Well, I hope this thing floats, then!" 

The gondel started to move again and they all looked over the railing to see. "What is it?" Mia asked curiously, still sitting on the ground. "It's your Mai, she took down the guards..." Zuko said slowly. "What?" Mia whispered confused and angry at the same time. "Why would she do that? Is he on our side now? Is she brainwashed? Did you kiss her, huh?"  When the gondel was at the other side, Zuko lifted Mia up and he ran out of it. The Warden was kept in there, struggling to get loose. Zuko stopped, looking at the island. "What are you doing?" Mia asked still irritated and she noticed she could move again, starting to get her feeling back. "My sister and Mai were on the island..." 

"So?" Sokka and Mia asked the same time. "That means she got here somehow..." Zuko walked to the edge towards the beach, and there he saw it, "that's our way out." When Mia looked too they saw an airship floating above the ocean. 

They flew back to the Western Airtemple, where Katara, Aang and Toph were already waiting. "What are you doing in this thing, what happened to the warballoon?" Katara asked. "Kinda got destroyed." Zuko smiled. "Sounds like a rough fishing trip." Aang said. "Did you at least get some good meat and fish?" Toph asked. "Well yes we did, the best meat of all," Sokka said, "the meat of friendship and fatherhood." Hakoda, Suki, Camillia and Chit Sang walked out and Katara got tears in her eyes. "Dad!" She yelled and she hugged him tightly. "I am Chit Sang, I am new!" Chit Sang said and he waved friendly. "Who is that?" Toph asked pointing at Camillia, who stood there a bit awkwardly. "I am Camillia Li Feng, Mia's sister." She said. "Cool!" Toph yelled and Katara smiled brightly. "How? What-"

'-We kinda went to a fire nation prison..." Mia said quickly and they all sat down around the campfire to tell the whole story. 

~

"Oh my goodness, THAT'S IT!" Mia yelled loudly when she looked up from her book, everyone in shock. 

"What, what is it?" Everyone asked. Mia stood up and walked to Zuko and Aang. "Remember you being in the cooling cell?" She started, "you firebend! How did you do that?" Zuko shrugged. "I breathed out...-"

"-Exactly. Firebenders usually can't firebend in a cooling cell, like we can't firebend during an eclipse, for there is no warmth. You used another technique; you used air to breathe fire. Avatars are doing that as well, plus he has a positive Jing. Airbending and firebending are so much alike... I think you were airbending in order to firebend." 

"That means Aang could get to learn firebending, using his own airbending movements." Zuko said.

"Exactly!" Mia said. "Mia, you are brilliant!" Zuko said and he grabbed her face in order to kiss her. "Aang, try to remember the steps of the firebending theory, just do it." Mia said. Aang stepped in the full sunlight and tried to bend. Mia was squeezing Zuko's hand so tight, his face got red. Aang sighed and made a wave. Not just air, there were little fleeks of fire. "Yes! And we got our firebending back, so we can finally do everything!" Mia yelled happily. 

And so they did, they were firebending all day long. Mia also immediately fell alseep when she crawled into her bed. Of course she woke up early, it wasn't even dawn yet. She couldn't fell back to sleep so she decided to go look for tea ingredients. She grabbed her bag and left a note for Zuko. 'Got up early, searching for tea xx.' She walked through the bush and almost cried of happiness when she bumped up to strawberries, ready to be plucked. When she was plaucking them, she heard a voice behind her. "They are delicious this time of the year." She looked behind her and saw an old man behind her. "I have a lot of them ,you want some? I am afraid I plucked every single one of them..." She said shy. "Well, I haven't had any breakfast yet so..." He said when he sat cown. Mia smiled and sat down too.