1. Prologue

"BLUE EYES ULTIMATE DRAGON, FINISH THIS DUEL OFF! NEUTRON BLAST!"

"ITS NOT OVER YET KAIBA! I ACTIVATE MY SPELL CARD MAGICAL DIMENSION! I TRIBUTE MASTER OF CHAOS TO SUMMON DARK MAGICIAN AND DESTROY BLUE EYES ULTIMATE DRAGON!"

"WOAH WHAT A PLAY BY YUGI MUTO AGAINST THE KC PRESIDENT! HAS THE TIDE OF BATTLE CHANGED !?"

"Kaiba...you always wanted to fight Atem and only Atem...but face reality. He no longer exists in this world. AND BEFORE YOU CAN FACE HIM YOU HAVE TO BEAT ME! BLACK LUSTER SOLDIER FINISH THIS DUEL!"

Black luster soldier raises his sword and swings directly at Seto Kaiba, a force field shattering in front of him as the holograms fade, his life points rolling to 0

Silence rang in the air before the crowd erupted at yet another classic from the two titans of Duel Monsters, with the camera focused on the new World Champion and King of Games

Yugi Muto...

"Son how many more times are you going to see that 20 year old video?" His mother asked him, concern about how addicted he was to that match.

"As long as I haven't reached my goal in to become the best duelist I will never stop ma!"

Because the video was not just a spectacle of what Duel Monsters was all about...

but also a reminder that trust and belief can allow you to rewrite your destiny.
_______________________________________

7 years later

We find ourselves in Aldera Jr high, as a class of 15 to 16 year old watched a duel they've seen countless times over their lifetime.

"WOOOOOOOOW"
"WHAT A DUEL!?"
"I CANT BELIEVE YUGI MADE THAT COMBACK AT THE BRINK OF DEFEAT!"

"NOW NOW CLASS CALM DOWN! I'VE SHOWN YOU THIS CLIP LIKE 4 TIMES THIS MONTH ALONE NOW QUIET!"

The class, having heard the teacher's stern tone quickly shut up, though the giddiness in their teenage eyes still shone brightly.

The teacher sighs before he continues on with his original topic of discussion.

"Anyway I know most of you all have signed yourself up for further education but there are a few individuals in our class that have applied to duelist academies, and two of you have applied for UA!"

UA, one of the most famous duelist academies in the world and the most prestigious dueling school outside of Domino. U.A was the place of origin of some of numerous high profile duelists since duelist academies became more widespread. The likes of Enji Todoroki, the turbo duel team The Wild Wild Pussycats, newbie hot shot kamui woods and, most notably, current Japan champion Toshinori Yagi were all graduates of UA.

It was a no brainer as to why the class suddenly stopped admists all the suspense, in anticipation of who the two applicants were.

"Katsuki Bakugo!"

They all turned their head towards a spiky haired boy.

Katsuki Bakugo, a man so gifted and talented he caught the eye of KaibaCorp during a competition and got 3 copies of Blue Eyes White Dragon (while they did reprint more they are only given by KaibaCorp and only to those who they see as worthy). If anyone was going to go to UA from this "shitty" school as he calls it, it was going to be him

Proud and boastful with an explosively short fuse, but highly gifted, and in most people's eyes, destined for future stardom in the dueling network.

Unlike the other applicant...as the teacher pathetically failed to keep his corpse hidden upon seeing his name.

"pppffttt And Izuku Midoriya!"

'oh man why is this happening nooww!?'

Which leads us with the star of the story himself, Izuku Midoriya

Now at first glance, he seems rather plain. A green haired boy with diamond shaped spots on either side of his face and huge green eyes. Some might even say he looked cute. Not devilishly handsome mind you but more childlike and adorable.

But Izuku had a reputation for being an absolute nerd when it came to duel monsters, knowing the playstyles of numerous decks used by top duelists around the globe, combined with their strengths and weaknesses. Yet despite this knowledge he didn't even have a deck, with the last deck he had having been cut up by Bakugo's lackeys, per Katsuki's request after nearly losing to Izuku during their preschool days. And given his family's lack of freedom in disposable income and duel monster's soaring prices, he wasn't going to be able to get another one very easily.

Bakugo and Izuku were actually once friends as infants with both their mothers knowing each other, but all ties other than that family connection were severed after the explosive blonde's arrogance and thirst for superiority reached new levels of insanity.

Which leads us to today, the entire class laughing at the poor green haired teen for his 'delusional' attempt into getting into UA, the chorus led by his once close friend.

"DEKU!? HAVE YOU LOST YOUR MIND? UA's entrance test is a duel and in order to take part in a duel you need a deck...and guess what you don't have !?" Bakugo said, a shit-eating smirk on his face.

'yeah...i wonder why'

Izuku kept his thoughts within his head. Maybe in another world he would have tried justifying his decision but he knee here any sort of that would immediately get laughed off.

Unfortunately for our star, thing never would work out so simply.

_________________________________
After class

Whatever the funny side of the application was, Katsuki clearly didn't see it anymore as he grabbed Izuku's collar and clenched it in his fist,  pulling the boy towards him as red eyes sharpened at his prey.

"LISTEN HERE DEKU! After this school year is over I never want to see you in the same class room as me ever again! You are a nobody and you will continue to be a nobody, so do yourself a favour...

"And jump off a building so I never have to see you again!!"

to be continued

AH A FIRST CHAPTER OUT!

Defo interesting writing this chapter up, especially since ive already kinda done it for a similar plot 😅

But I hope you all have enjoyed the first chapter. Feel free to give feedback as well as what decks you would like to see for other characters (but not Bakugo and Izuku, I have my own deck ideas for them)

Reader Question: What Yu-Gi-Oh deck is currently your favourite to play with? Mine currently is Dark World (aint looking too good for me competitively 💀)

Take care, Stay safe and I'll see you all in the next chapter!