Chap 12: The Devilborn's Path.

I roared, the devastating roar that echoes throughout the skies, under the bright moon as the only source of light. I clashed attacks with Sore, i have to admit.. he was much stronger than me. Not in terms of raw strength, he was faster, smarter, with much more abilities and experience than i am. 

Sore stabs me through the abdomen as he swiftly pulls his katana out and slitting my throat. I couldn't react, it was at such a blinding speed there was nothing i could do. 

"You truly are different, your demonic energy isn't the same as mine. You inherited my energy, and turned it into something of your own. You're still hesitant, aren't you?" 

He said, as i stood there.. my body was seemingly at it's limits. I couldn't move a single limb, i could only stand there paralyzed while Sore spoke to me as if he knew that i was trapped inside my own mind. 

"You only take away.. stamina, how inferior. Anyone who inherits my power drains the SOUL out of anyone that dare crosses path with them.. why would your body decline such a powerful ability like that?" 

Sore chuckled, swinging his katana in a playful manner. 

"Because i don't want to hurt anyone." I said. My mind has once again taken control of my body. 

"Oh? Despite hating on them so much? How interesting." He said teasingly. 

"I hate them for ruining my life, i want them to pay.. but then again.. those guys were kids, they knew nothing. My parents just had too much on their hands, maybe i was just a burden to them. Maybe i was a strange kid, no wonder why i didn't have much friends." I said, step by step approaching to Sore. 

He was right, i hated everyone. Nobody was on my side when i needed them, however i never wanted to harm anyone, i just wanted to be left alone and to live a quiet life that affects nobody. Unlike most people, wishing for wealth, i only wish.. 

For peace. 

And you probably can't achieve peace, without going through war. 

Demonic blade appeared in my hand once again as i come closer to Sore. This is it, the showdown, the barrier between me and a future obliged by nobody and nothing but freedom. 

"Oh? A weapon of your own? Hmm.. quite a spiky blade you have there, that's fine." Sore said, approaching me as well. 

"This is not a fight simply for survival, Sore." I held my blade with both hands, getting into a solid fighting stance. My adrenaline was rushing, every single cell on my body is cheering me on, telling me to break my highest limits and turn my life upside down no matter what happens. I've had enough, i don't want vengeance, i don't want to fight or run for my life.. look where it got me. All these negative thoughts, i will let them go, i won't keep anything in my mind other than the future. 

Thinking about what to eat for lunch is better than about how to beat the trio of chaos., i laughed to myself.

"His fighting spirit changed. He seems to not want to fight me at all, i can't feel his hate."  Sore thought. And so it began, i charged at Sore with all the strength of my calves, performing a horizontal slash aimed at his torso which he easily dodged by leaping onto the air. 

Sore casted a spell, numerous red chains cover my arms and legs pulling them forcefully as if they want to tear me apart limb by limb. Sore sprinted at my wide open open ready to stab through me, but i caused a shockwave of reversed energy that broke all of the chains and clashed my sword against his. 

"Not bad! Let's see if you can still keep up!" Sore said, moving from side to side so quickly he leaves afterimages of himself still moving around me as he would occasionally strike me with his blade, causing slices to form all over my body.