Chapter 12

Alex's POV

It's been a fucking hour and my PA isn't back yet, what taking her so damn long?

Just drop a file and come back and she decides to spend the whole day doing that.

I knew I should have just gone myself when she started asking and making stupid demands earlier on.

This girl is really giving me more reasons to despise and possibly fire her because damn it I can't take this anymore.

I'm currently pacing my office, I personally called Winston to make sure she delivered it to him because I don't want her having any ideas instead of doing her fucking job and now she isn't even back and she's not answering her damn phone.

I can't even concentrate because of that damn woman, fuck she knows how to rile me up so bad and I'm gonna show her just who's boss.

I pick up my phone and dial Winston, I know I'm going overboard but I need to know if she got there and where the fuck she is.

He picks up after the third ring "Hello Mr Winston, this is Alex, yes I'd like to know if my Assistant is there"? I ask and I hear shuffling in the background.

"Okay do well to let her know she still had a lot of work to do and to be fast about getting here" I tell him, he gives a sinister laugh and assures me that she's on her way.

I don't trust him, something about him puts me on edge but he's good for business so I don't see why I can't suck it up and work with him.

I put the phone down and go back to sitting down, at the rate at which this woman gets on my nerves, I just might lose all my hair.

I decide to calm down just like my therapist suggested, I can't be having a meltdown in the middle of work, I need to try to control my anger because I'm gonna need a whole lot of restraint if I'm gonna keep my cool with that woman.

____________________________________________

Five minutes after my call with Winston and I hear the elevator ding outside, indicating someone just got off this floor and I know it's none other than my PA.

I get up and walk out, I peek my head through the door and I see her just walking emotionless like someone without direction.

She doesn't even notice I'm standing there, I don't know what's wrong with her but I sure as hell don't care right now.

"Donovan my office now"! I bark out before going back into my office and taking my seat.

She walks in still looking confused and nervous, in as much as I want know what's putting her on edge I don't think I care that much.

I sit down and intertwine my fingers on my table just looking at her, she doesn't seem like she's here.

Physically she is but mentally I don't think so.
"Explain yourself, you have five minutes" I tell her

She looks up at me as if she's unsure I'm talking to her, she opens her mouth to speak but no words come out as she closes it back.

I raise my brows asking her to go on but she just goes back to fiddling with her fingers and looking at the floor, that only pisses me off more.

I groan out loudly before speaking "what took you so long Donovan? Was there an accident of some sort? Was it so hard to locate Winston Corp"? I press further.

She just looks at me and goes back to fidgeting with her fingers not saying anything.

God I hate this so fucking much

"I thought as much" I mutter out angrily "you had one fucking task, deliver the file and get your ass back here, so what took you so long Donovan"? I grit out.

"I....I" she stumbles over her words unable to form a coherent sentence.

"If you must whore around Donovan, do it discreetly and don't waste my precious work hours whoring around" I seethe out, her head whips up and I can see tears already threatening to spill.

I'm sure she knows better than to cry right now, she doesn't even attempt to defend herself.

"Just because my father has taken a liking to you doesn't give you the right to do things your way and expect not to get scolded for them" I don't even know why I'm saying this but she fucking pisses me off more than necessary.

She doesn't respond to me she just keeps looking at the floor, is she dumb or something, pathetic.

"I'm not gonna warn you again, the next time such incompetence happens around here I won't hesitate to fire you regardless of what anyone thinks, that includes my father" I tell her trying to calm my nerves because there's so much I want to tell her but I'd rather not do that "Now get your pathetic self out of my sight" I bark and she just scurries out without even looking back.

I relax back on my chair and just rub my temple with my finger, God this woman is giving me a fucking headache.

I've never disliked anyone the way I dislike her, she's always playing the victim, thinking no one would be able to see through her pretence but I can.

God I can't deal with this right now, I need to go see my therapist, I need to clear my head before I lose my fucking mind.

_________________________________________

Ever since moving to this place, I can classify today to be one of the worst days I have had.

Not only did that woman mess up my mood in the afternoon, she ruined the whole day by being unproductive and utterly nervous.

I don't know, there's just something about her nervousness that unnerves me, she couldn't get any work done.

She kept messing up files and mixing up everything, She's nothing like Savannah.

They're completely polar opposites, while Savannah is my little spitfire, never letting anyone trample her, Donovan is just plain, she has no fight in her always so obedient and I know it's all just an act.

People like her are worse than snakes, I still can't figure out why she rejected my dad's offer of being the CEO and it's one of the things that pisses me off the more.

Savannah would never let me talk to her the way I talk to Donovan, she'll always have a comeback for me.

Always so quick to speak her mind and put herself in her place, at the thought of Savannah I smile to myself.

I miss her I won't lie, and right now I know thinking about her won't help me sleep and I made a pact with my therapist not to sleep with the help of those pills.

I miss Tony too, though I've spoken to him a few times, it's always been about business and business alone.

I'll try to set up a video call with him soon, not for anything but just to see his face, although I won't tell him that. I'll try to keep it business only but deep down I know I'm only calling because I miss my big brother.

I sigh loudly trying to think myself to sleep, I wish that night never happened and I got married to my little spitfire, but no. Now I'm stuck with Donovan, a nervous wreck that is pushing me past my limit.

She takes up my mind just as much as Anna but not in a good way, in a way that makes me want to just force her to talk back at me for once.

She's too plain and I don't like plain.

Alex is so mean
Please if you don't feel comfortable with Sage not talking back at him, bear with me

You'll understand it in the subsequent chapters

Also I've started another book🤗🤗