one,, howdy do fellow demigods, oh ew-

AVERY

.CHAPTER ONE.

howdy do fellow demigods, oh ew-

ONE THING WAS FOR SURE, avery quinn hated percy jackson with a burning passion. his stupid humour, his stupid mucked up hair, everything about him just gave her the ick. ever since they first met they've just clashed and immediately started arguing. first, it was percy immediately stereotyping her, thinking she was some shallow, bitchy aphrodite kid (which she kind of was sometimes). second of all, he got offended when she said that he looked like a dolphin (which was true!). and last, he didn't give her an oreo. like, how rude is that?

avery hummed along to taylor swift playing in the background as she picked out an outfit for a school dance. it wasn't technically her school dance, she was going on an extraction to a military school in maine. her friend grover had sent out a distress call saying that he needed help with taking a demigod to camp.

she could faintly hear her step-sister elodie next door chatting to her step-mom, mia. she smiled. elodie was one of her best friends in a way, even if they were sisters. avery had a feeling she was a demigod though, just a funny feeling. she told her dad, oscar, about it, so they decided not to tell elodie or mia about avery being a demigod to avoid elodie getting attacked.

avery changed into ripped jeans and a cropped strawberry top. she knew it was cold outside, but fashion always comes before warmth!

"avery, the driver's waiting outside for you, " oscar quinn, avery's dad called from the door.

"ok! coming dad!"

avery grabbed her crossbody bag and tied her blonde hair in a high ponytail, her bangs immediately flopping back onto her forehead. she then put on her strawberry necklace that turned into her dagger, opal, and her strawberry charm bracelet (she has a thing for strawberries).

she left her room, shutting the door behind her and going down the stairs into the living room, passing the couch and to the shoe rack where she grabbed her air forces and put them on, tying the pink laces she had threaded in. she then went to the cupboard, where she got out her black nike coat, a white hat, and her strawberry scarf, aswell as her white gloves. she put them all on as her dad came down the stairs. arlie just had to grab her shoes and put them on.

"have a good time birdie, see you soon?" oscar said as he went over to hug her and kiss the top of her head. "be careful! i don't want you dying on me. i'll tell mia and elodie you said bye" avery smiled at her dad, hugging him back.

"tell them that we can go shopping when i get back!" she gave her dad one last hug.

"bye papa, see ya soon!" avery waved as she opened the door, walking out into the corridor. avery went into the lift, pressing the button for the ground floor. she reached the bottom, going out of the entrance hall through the glass doors. on the pavement sat the limo. she waved at the driver and she hopped in the back seat, fastening her seatbelt and folding her hands in her lap.

it was a different driver than maria, her usual driver, but she was on holiday in the philippines to go and see her family, so she wasn't driving her. avery was hoping to go on holiday to greece with arlie and james later in the year, but her dad was worried about her going by herself, saying that he wanted to have someone go with the trio. he couldn't do it because he had work during spring break, so avery was hoping mia was coming. she would be the best chaperone!