Chapter 4

He had another nightmare that woke him up at a time too early to recall and he groaned with cold sweats all across his body. He couldn't even remember the shitty dream and he knows it isn't real so why can't he just lay the fuck back down and sleep. It's ridiculous, his mother is right he does get upset over nothing.

Because of that he ended up staying up until school and as he went to do his morning routine he saw his eyebags, even heavier. He remembers the advice his mother gave him that he forgot about...

He was only nine, standing at the entrance of the bathroom as his mother touched up her face.

"Remember Katsuki, a little foundation can cover it all."

Ever since he would use it if he had... marks or eyebags. His sleep is pretty regular however he has been struggling much more these last few weeks, he refuses to think of why. It's profoundly stupid. He finishes the dabbing and tries moving the makeup away yet an arm jerk leads to the container falling and a crack is formed on the top.

"fucking fuck, my life." He grumbles as he picks it up.

He made it to class on time and sat in his seat, feeling as if a fucking cloud was on top of him. Just plain shitty. He knew Todoroki would be watching so he acted normally, maybe too normal-

"Hey shitty hair." Bakugo leans on his friend's desk and grins.

"Bakubro! You never come over to my desk."

"Well I was fucking bored so I wanted to see what the noise was about."

Dunce face chimes in, "we're deciding if milk should go before or after the cereal."

"The fuck?"

"I'd put the cereal after." Sero nods.

"NO? YOU PUT THE MILK LAST, THE FUCK SOY SAUCE?"

The disagreement continued for a few more minutes before Aizawa entered and everyone had to be quiet.

The week continued with no issues apart from occasional twitches causing Bakugo annoyances but people assumed it was just him being his aggressive self so it wasn't questioned, neither did Bakugo. It reached the weekend and Mitsuki wanted Bakugo to come over for it as a friend was visiting. Just a chance to show off her "normal" family. He hated the gatherings because of how fake she would act and the expectation for him to follow suit. He finished putting his jean jacket on and then he got off the bus. The walk takes about five minutes and he sees another car in the driveway, and sighs.

"Katsuki!" His mother pulls him into an intentional embrace. He internally cusses and forces a slight smile otherwise she'll bite his ear off.

"You remember Sharon don't you? My friend from work?"

If he was honest he had no idea who the fuck she was and if he ever met her before but the women smiled at him so he nodded. "Yeah, I do."

"How's school going?! UA must be amazing, only the best go there, I'd be over the moon if my son could have gone there."

If only his mother felt like that about him.

"It's good, just working hard."

He waits for the women to start chatting and then he stomps to his room. He couldn't get why she invited him here; it was close to pointless. As soon as he closed the door he let his back stretch and his neck did automatically as well, but whatever.

He managed to have a few hours of alone time before being forced to join them for dinner. He sat down next to his mum, she patted him on the head making him slightly shiver.

"Is he alright?" The friend asks.

Bakugo feels a tight grip on his arm which signaled him. "Just cold in here."

His mother laughs. "He must have been cosy under the blankets."

"Oh I totally get it Mits, my son is the same! Craving the warmth."

They chat a bit more while Bakugo slowly eats his food. At least she's a damn good cook. He finishes the carbonara and stands up.

"Can I go to my room please?"

Neither of them replied and he shrugged, walking away. He should be grateful they didn't make him stay. He should feel glad they didn't force more small talk but he just felt adrift. Isolated. It was like he was a trophy and that's it, he feels empty thinking back on it and wants to feel something so he searches his room for a pen.