chap 5 - jealousy

I was gonna kill someone.

You think I'm joking? I'm not. Really some so called friends I had. Who tricks their friend into going on a date with a guy they made clear they didn't like? Maybe they could have given me a heads up? I couldn't believe they did this. I would never do this to my friends. never, ever.

Okay, it was gonna be fine I was just gonna sneak away and text Bri to cancel and say i felt sick, it would be fine-

But of course Alex turned around. 

He smiled when he saw me and lifted up his hand to say hi before starting to walk towards me. Well how do I get myself out of this now. Oh god, was I in hell? What have I done that is so bad to deserve this? I swear Im a good person. I stayed rooted to the spot just staring at Alex. This is not happening. 

I took a deep breath. You know, maybe this wouldn't be so bad. It's not like we were on a proper date, I mean he never asked me to go on a date so surely this didn't count as one. We were just hanging out, as friends. Well except I was tricked to hang out with him, so could you even calling this hanging out? 

"Hey you" Alex said smiling at me. "Got any plan on where to go?" 

Wait. Alex didn't seem confused on where everyone was, he didn't even seem to care. Did he know? Did he set this up? 

"I was thinking we go to the movies, I mean I looked at the website and I saw a movie that looked kind of interesting and there was two seats at the back row." Alex said 

Oh. My. God. He knew. He had checked the movie website. He saw two spare seats at the movie. Unless he planned on twelve of us squeezing into two chairs to watch a movie, he had planned this. This was unbelievable. 

I'm ending this right now I'll just say I have a tummy ache. Or maybe I should stay- If I stay for a little bit the whole of today I can make it clear I wasn't interested and make myself seem boring, then maybe he'll stop annoying me. All I would need to do is just watch a movie. It's not like I had to talk to him during a movie anyway. 

"Oh erm alright okay" I muttered. Alex's smile seemed to drop slightly at my dry response. Perfect my plan was working already. 

Just when I thought everything was going perfectly he draped his arm over my shoulder. I was on the verge of screaming at him to get off of me so I swallowed the urge down and took a deep breath  

-*-

When we arrived at the movies we went straight to the ticket machine. 

"I'll get us both a ticket" Alex said "It's on me" He said giving me a flirty smile. Wow such a gentlemen I wonder if he buys all his kidnapped dates tickets

I looked down at the floor and muttered a thanks. So far, the plan was going pretty good, well apart from the fact his arm was still around my shoulder. The two seats at the back remained unclaimed which was a real shame becuase that meant I still had to go the movies with him.

I heard the bell at the entrance door chime and I just looked briefly before I saw him. Jack.

Oh god, Oh no, Oh god. This can't be happening. Get me out of here. It's fine Jack hasn't seen me yet I just need to rush into the cinema screen and- oh never mind

Jack looked straight at me. He smiled and waved and started to walk over and then stopped when he saw who I was with. He gave me a look before I felt his eyes trail to my shoulder. Oh god. Suddenly I was very aware of Alex's arm around my shoulder. Jack furrowed his eyebrows and gave me a weird look. When I made eye contact with him he almost looked angry, no- was he jealous?  

I could have sworn I heard Jack scoff.

Then without thinking I started to walk towards him. I wasn't even aware I was walking towards him before I was a few feet away, I just felt an urge to clear things up with him, I wanted to yell at Jack that me and Alex weren't dating, but why would Jack care if we were or not? I suddenly realised I was nearly at Jack now oh God, why am I walking towards him this is gonna make things so awkward.

"Hey Jack" I found myself saying without even thinking. Jack just looked at me for a few seconds before saying something.

"Hey." 

I found myself staring at him for a few moments trying to get a read on him, what was he thinking about? There was silence while me and Jack just looked at eachother.

 I heard someone cough awkwardly from beside me. "Hi" I heard Alex say. Oh god I forgot he was here. This was gonna make things awkward 

Jack looked at me in the eyes one last time with a confused look that almost looked hurt before he answered Alex. 

"Hi." 

There was silence again I looked at Jack once more, but he wouldn't look at me this time.

"Cmon we should probably go" Alex told me before tugging me along to our movie screen.

I looked behind my shoulder to look at Jack before saying, "Bye Jack." 

He didn't answer me.

"What was that about?" Alex questioned, he almost seemed annoyed. I just shrugged. I had bigger things to worry about than Alex. Was Jack mad at me?

Me and Alex sat in our seats and of course I saw Jack and his friends walk in. This day couldn't get any worse. 

While Jack was going up the stairs to his seat he spotted me and we made brief eye contact before he turned away quickly and pretended he didn't see me.

I let out a silent sigh and followed Jack with my eyes. My eyes widened as I saw him arrive at me and Alex's row before he sat down TWO SEATS away from me and Alex. 

And of course with my luck, The two seats beside me that stood between me and Jack, remained empty. The pair never came.

-*-

If you put a gun to my head and told me to describe what happened in the movie, I'd tell the shooter to tell my mum I love her. 

I couldn't concentrate at all, I was so focused on the events of today. It was all stupid Bri's fault.

I looked over to my side to get a glimpse of Jack. His eyes remained straight forward almost glued to the screen, his eyebrows were knotted together and when I looked down at his hands they were in clenched fists. He was annoyed. 

"Hey" I heard someone whisper from beside me. I turned to look at Alex "You enjoying the movie so far?" Before I could even utter a mhm, he had pulled me in. He was trying to kiss me. I screamed internally before I pushed him off of me. 

Unbelievable.

Suddenly I wasn't worried about Jack anymore, I was pissed off, who gave Alex the right to kidnap me then try to kiss me- I looked over at Jack by instinct and I locked eye contact with him. He had seen. Jacks jaw clenched and he turned away from me. He saw Alex try to kiss me, and I think he thought I had kissed him back. 

I got up to leave, I didn't care if the movie wasn't over. I was not having this. I was going home. When I was at the exit I looked at Jack one last time. Him and Kim were almost cuddling up together and laughing. 

Of course they were.

me; little bit of drama going on but hold on things are gonna get good now !!