chap 6 - Bobby Wasabi

Without thinking I had made my way to Bobby Wasabi Dojo. I didn't feel like going home. If I went home my mum would ask me how today went and I didn't have the energy to lie.

Plus, I was in the mood for Karate, so there I was at the Bobby Wasabi Dojo.

Before I left yesterday Rudy had told me if i ever changed my mind about joining Dojos I was always welcome. Now, I hadn't changed my mind about Dojos, but maybe I was still welcome.

I didn't know how much or how little time was going by, I was just so concentrated and focused on karate in that moment that nothing else mattered.

I came to the Dojo to mostly just let my anger out and clear my head. When my dad died, karate was my coping mechanism, now whenever there was a minor inconvenience you could find me practicing karate.

I had chopped so many planks to try let out my anger that I could feel my hand starting to hurt so I had to move on. I was currently using the bō. I wasn't doing a set routine I just did whatever I felt like doing in the moment. It was refreshing. 

After I had tired myself out, I went to get a quick water break before I heard someone move at the entrance. When I looked up, it was no other thank Jack. 

I looked at him before looking away and grabbing my water and turning my back to him and I sat down on the bench. I don't know why I was so mad at him after seeing him and Kim, but I just was.

"That was pretty impressive" I heard him say. "I had a feeling you were good at karate." 

"Thanks" I muttered. I still didn't really acknowledge him. 

"So how did you enjoy the movie?" 

I paused before I got up and turned to face him. I looked at him briefly before I scoffed and rolled my eyes at him. 

"So you didn't like it?" He said crossing his arms. He looked at me like he was almost daring me to say something

"Oh give over Jack" I said annoyance seeping out of me 

"Oh, would have thought you enjoyed the movie, you and Alex seemed pretty comfortable." He mocked.

"Oh, wow rich coming from you, from what I saw you and Kim looked pretty cosy" I said crossing my arms in annoyance   

"My bad I'm so sorry I didn't mean to ruin your date"

I lost it. This was my last straw from today. "It wasn't a date Jack" I spat "If you just have to know I got set up to be there, I didn't know it was gonna be just him there okay? I hadn't planned for him to kiss me, I hadn't planned for any of it! But I clearly can't say the same for you and Kim." I yelled grabbing my karate bag and beginning to storm out the door.

"I didn't mean to-" Jack started

"Whatever Jack" I hissed. "You have the Dojo all for yourself" 

"No- Look im sorry" Jack apologised. I stopped and faced him. I raised my eyebrows to signal him to go on. "I just wasn't thinking about the whole situation with Alex, I'm sorry."

I rubbed my hand over my forehead. I was not going to not be friends with Jack just before he had feelings for Kim. It wasn't that big of a deal anyway, right? 

"I'm sorry too, I forgive you." I replied.

Jack exhaled softly before he stuck his hand out for me to shake "Truce?" 

I slid my hand into his and shook it. "Its April"

"What?" Jack asked confused. 

"My name, My name is April." I said giving Jack a small grin.

Jack gave me a toothy grin in response. "Well nice to meet you then April."

-*-

It was a while after me and Jacks initial fight. We spent hours in the Dojo. We sparred, talked about nothing for hours, then we would spar again.

"You know," Jack started. 

"Hm?" I muttered in response.

"Our tournaments this Friday." Jack continued. "I want you to come" Jack finished.

I knew about the situation with the Bobby Wasabi Dojo. The whole school did. If the Dojo didn't win two belts at the next tournament, they were gonna be shut down. The least I could do for Jack was show some support. 

I smiled "Yeah of course I'll be there"

"On our side though yeah? Not the Black Dragons?" Jack asked

I gave him a small nod before Jack wrapped his arm around me and said "Thanks April"

me; short chapter but i hope you all enjoyed none the less!