Hugs

The bell rang. It was time for lunch. I went to my friend group's usual lunch table. One of my friends was my crush. We all ran to the canteen to get lunch. Everyone sat down. One of my friends, C/N, was silent the whole time. While I was talking to my best friend, I noticed he looked sad. He hadn't touched his food at all. "Hey, is something wrong?" I asked. "No, I'm fine." he said with no emotion. I moved seats and sat next to him to make sure he was okay. "If anything's wrong you can always tell me." I whispered in his ear. He stayed silent. He suddenly whispered in my ear, "My dad made me walk all the way to school because he thought that I cursed at my sister." "Do you need a hug?" I asked him. He nodded and fell into my arms. I felt tears fall down onto my sweater. "Come on let's go." I said. I took his hand and we went to the all gender bathroom. When we got into the bathroom, we went into the handicapped stall and he sobbed in my arms. I rubbed circles in his back. "It will all be okay." I said. "No, it won't." he said, his voice breaking. "My dad is so mean. I don't know why. He never supports me in anything." he said. "Even if he doesn't support you, I always will." I said. "Will you always be here to comfort me?" he asked. "Yes of course." I said. "You're such a good friend." he said squeezing me tighter. "Maybe we could be more than friends." I said. He looked up at me. "Really?" he asked. I wiped his tears with my thumb. "Really." I surprised him by kissing his cheek. I saw him blush a lot.