Meeting the Princess

"....n..."

".....Y-...."

"....Y/n.... ake.... p..."

"Y/n for Hylia's sake please wake up!"

"Awah....?" You groggily opened your eyes to see your father looking down at you impatiently.

"We are going to meet with the King today, get up already!"

"Wait, huh-? Since when!?" You came to your senses with a start, jolting awake at the news. This was random. What the hell?

"Y/n I told you about this days ago... I told His Majesty about your exceptional swordsmanship and he asked to meet you. Come on, get ready-"

"I don't-"

"You don't remember anything past an hour ago, I know. Come on, before Link eats your food." A rare smile graced your father's serious face. You smiled back, laughing in defeat.

"I swear sometimes he loves food more than he loves us..." You chuckle, sitting up and feeling your entire spine snap. Ouch. Note to self: sleeping partially upright is not fun.

.

After a small wrestling match with the little food goblin, you managed to leave. Hyrule Castle always weirdly scared me for some reason, which did not help ease your racing nerves whatsoever. It was a relatively short walk, but it felt like miles upon miles. As you drew closer, you felt the hairs on your arms prick up like thunder was nearby, though the weather was the kind you'd imagine a picnic in. Perfect blue sky, mildly warm air, the faint chatter of birds singing over the distant sounds of Castle Town...

'It must just be nerves. Yeah.. what the hell does the King of Hyrule want with me anyway?' You wondered in silence, allowing yourself to walk face first into a wall. Ouch x2.

"You alright?" Ah father, you helped create an idiot. He is concerned, but knows you'll probably be fine.

"Yeah, it's a hobby of mine. Walking into things just before meeting the King."

"Figured. Well we're almost here, make yourself look presentable."

"Fuck- okay. Okay." You swallowed hard and brushed down your armour and face. Oh well. You could just lie and say it's from fighting.

With a simple nod of the head after seeing your father, the guards let you in.

Well... long story short, the King wanted to applaud your swordsmanship and suggested you tutor his daughter on Hylian geography or something. It was pretty boring but heck, you couldn't say anything back. So you ended up agreeing to be a teacher for the princess, who in all honesty looked how you felt; half asleep and not wanting be here. She looked about the same age as Link, but her mother certainly looked younger than yours. Or maybe Royalty just had good genes, you don't know.

Finally you were dismissed and encouraged to talk to the little princess about... you dunno, rocks? Surely a royal child's not too different from the little brother you had at home. Yeah, just talk casually and try not to fuck it up too bad! That's easy enough, right?

Okay!

You'll be okay!

Right!?

...

You were too wrapped up in your own thoughts to notice the person in front of you, and crashed right into their back.

Not so okay.

You fall, staggering backwards from the shock of, y'know, crashing into someone, and the fact they'd appeared from thin air. Totally not your fault for being an idiot. Nope. 'Tis Y/n slander.