Future to past

The war had nearly began, and the walls of Hogwarts were free of the weariness that would hold them in years to come.

The four house tables where filled with cheer as the new year began and all the students caught up with their friends after the summer. Among these was a group of Gryffindors.

James Potter laughed uproariously at his brother in all but blood, Sirius Black, who had turned an alarming shade of red at the glow up of their shared best friend Remus Lupin. The boy had grown a tremendous amount over the summer and was catching the eye of many other students. He was oblivious to it all though as he spoke animatedly to the fourth in their group, Peter Pettigrew.

"Lads," James started seriously, getting the others attention, "this is the year. Just you wait, I will finally get the girl. Lily Evans will be mine!" The others groaned in exasperation at the announcement.

"Prongs." Remus deadpanned. "You said that last year. And the year before, and the ye-"

"Yes, I know!" James interrupted. "But I can feel it. I just kn-"

He was started from his speech by a BANG as the great halls doors were slammed open. Entering the room, a group of very bewildered wixens entered consisting of Walbulga and Orion Black, Fleamont and Euphimia Potter, Molly and Arthur Weasley with their children Bill, Charlie and Percy. Also Amelia Bones, Mad-eye Moody and Bellatrix Lestrange. Certainly an odd group.

The hall erupted into chaos. Confusion was evident in all the witches and wizards.

"SILENCE!" Dumbledores shout made all quiet down as the visitors came to the front of the hall. "Now, friends, why have you blessed us with your presence?"

"That's what we should be asking you." Walbulga spat. "We got letters informing us to meet at Hogwarts at once. With the utmost urgency." Sounds of agreement came from the others in the group.

"Ah, we'll this hasn't been my doing." Dumbledore admitted and continued before panic could start. "Not to worry, I'm sure we'll find the cause-"

A bright light filled the room before the headmaster was able to finish his sentence. Everyone covered their eyes, all tense in anticipation for what may come.

"Bloody hell."

"Ronald I swear to merl-"

"Hermy nows not the time!"

"Don't call me that!"

"Don't call me that"

"Potter!"

"Don't bring me into it! I don't control Fez"

"True dat"

The hall stared in shock and bemusement at the group of teens sprawled on top of each other, bickering absentmindedly amongst themselves. They seemed oblivious to the fact that they have an audience.

"Hem-hem" an obnoxious, obviously fake cough made the group pause.

They all slowly looked up in an almost comical way.

"I'm not the only one getting daja-vu am I?" One of the boys, a tall, brown boy with curly brown hair asked, looking cautiously around the room as he stood up and placed himself in front of the others once seeing a number of wands trained on them.

"Definitely not." This time it was a ginger lad with freckles and pale skin who had a remarkable resemblance to the Weasley's.

The group all stood up, looking awkward and out of place. One of the few girls cleared her throat and stood in front of the first boy who reluctantly allowed her.

"Hello. Sorry to interrupt your meal, but we are here with an important mission of a sort." She announced in a rather snobby voice. "We're from the future."