Chapter 5

Annabeth's POV:

Ok, so first thing's first, I'm not willingly writing this. As I'm writing this Luna is behind me, making sure I write what actually happened. Anyway, let's get this over with.

After Luna arranged that little reunion for everyone she started to explain her plan on how to stop Kronos' master plan to initiate the third Titan war. Unfortunately, to find out enough about this to stop him, we had track down that annoying mortal, Astro.

Of course, being a daughter of Athena, I was not letting this drop without knowing more. I know you will tell me that this was a bad decision and, based on what Luna told me about you, ridicule me on that it was a stupid decision to 'betr-' fine I won't put the quotation marks geez! Betray Percy. Ya happy now!?

So as I was saying, I decided that I ask a bit more about the 'multiverse' she talked about while explaining her plan.

"Luna I'm happy to help but I need to know more about the multiverse you mentioned." I said. Luna looked like she'd seen a ghost when she heard me. "Oh, Annabeth, what did you say?" She asked, stumbling over her words. I was honestly a bit shocked that she got startled so easily, considering how confidently she was talking when she explained her plan.

Still I repeated my question. "Oh," she said. "Well I'm not really supposed to say anything. But I know you won't stop digging until I do, so let's just say you're lucky you're not in a PJO x Hogwarts or Reverse Flash Percy world." I was a bit taken aback by that, but before I could ask for more she left.

Maybe next time then.

My POV:

I'll admit that was close. I know that I probably just aggravated her curiosity of the multiverse more by saying that, but I was panicking! You can't blame me for that!

Anyway, I knew we had to get our plan into motion quick. The longer we wait the higher the risk this all falls apart. Hydra could catch him, or another multiverse breach...stop it. This plan is gonna work. It has to.

I shot of a quick text in the group chat me and my friends had, 'Chaos Kids', to make sure that they knew about the plan. I really didn't want them to come into this world until this nonsense was complete. Afterwards, Diana could come for autographs from the Avengers. Don't ask.

James's POV:

Mission complete. Maybe now Vex won't be nagging me about getting Fury on our side. I can't actually believe it was that easy! Just tell some sob story and you can get anyone on your side. Still though if we don't get going with this plan quick he might find out.

Of course, Vex isn't listening to reason. Keeping on saying 'we have to wait for the right moment' ain't the answer to everything ya know? And of course, when it inevitably goes wrong, I get blamed! I almost regret not running away as a kid, but what's done is done.

As I was walking away from the SHIELD building I heard the sound of a battle nearby. Normally it wouldn't interest me, demigods always got into battle and the Avengers have started fighting more often recently, but the ear-piercing buzz that came from the battle only occurred when magic and conventional weapons crossed blades. Metaphorically of course.

If I manage to catch Astro earlier than we planned Vex might finally let Falcon of my back. I quickly run to the sound of battle and, sure enough, Astro had his sword pointed square to Iron Man's chest. Damn the kid was smart, the man's heart was literally a circuit board.

I know that you guys will say it's illogical to wait but if I nabbed him now the Avengers would take us both in. So I decided to wait and see how this goes.

They seemed to notice the blue sparks flying off Iron Man's suit because they all had their hands up. This is gonna be interesting. "Kid we don't want to fight you." Said Captain America it possibly the calmest tone possible. "Just come with us and no one will get hurt."

A flash of hesitation went over Astro's face and I noticed his grip loosen on his weapon but just as quickly he strengthened his resolve. "In case you haven't already heard from stalking me these past four years, I don't trust anyone anymore."

Those words probably cut me more than the Avengers. You see, back before Astro ran off, I was one of his only friends. He was never really a talkative kid and I was usually the one assigned to teach him to fight. Soon we grew close.

But after he realized the shadier parts of the organization, and that I was also supposed to be keeping him in line, well you know the story. We've been trying to find him ever since, but I get why he ran away. The only reason I didn't was because I thought it was for the greater good but it's too late now anyway.

I shook myself out of my thoughts. I should really focus on catching Astro once he's alone.

I really don't want to write the whole thing so I'll just leave it at 'my attempt was unsuccessful'.

I guess I won't get that early break after all.

Tony's POV:

Ok this kid is crazy powerful. Not only was he able to escape the law for four years, but he was able to take down the world's greatest heroes while barely breaking a sweat. Seriously, who was this kid?!

But that's not the most confusing part about him. While we were fighting it seemed like just being around him was enough to send our tech on a fritz. If it was regular tech then I could think of it malfunctioning, but this is Stark tech and we put it through a million trials and it never malfunctioned!

The kid also knew of our operation to track him down. I don't want to know how he got hold of that information but it makes me seriously concerned about the security.

When we came back to the tower Fury told us that Astro's older brother, James, had told him some information that could help us find Astro. Apparently the kid had been brainwashed into thinking that his adoptive dad had a role to play in his birth parents deaths. At least if we get the hard evidence to prove that it was a lie, the kid might see sense and get back on the right path.

I know that it was a big lie now, so please don't kill me.

Author's Note:

And another chapter done. Sorry for the long wait but I had to take a break to deal with writer's block. The Reverse Flash Percy AU is credited to @lucaspereiraf and thanks for that idea. And of course thanks to all my little stars for reading! Hope you have a lovely day/night and see you in the next chapter!