Scars and stars

(Ceaser is a German shepherd puppy, and Apollo is an adult pitbull)

Sammy ran her hand over her face tiredly before walking out to the backyard, seeing her wife training with their two dogs, Ceaser and Apollo. "Apollo, come here, boy." She smiled as Apollo looked at her and back at Yasmina to give him the release word."Okay, break." Upon hearing his release word, the pitbull ran to Sammy, who caught him."Hey boy." She petted the short white and grey fur as he nuzzled into her chest, making her almost forget the interaction with Maria. "Hey, are you okay?" The woman looked up and saw her wife looking at her."I'm fine." Sammy replied before she could even think, the other woman looked at her before placing a hand on Sammy's cheek her thumb wiping away a small tear "I know your not fine Sammy, but if you don't want to talk about it that's fine, but I'm here if you need me." The Texan sighed as she held Apollo tighter, "Maria asked about my scars, and I tried to change the topic." A soft, broken sob slipped free from her lips."But she tried to use the fact we kept what happened to us a secret as some leverage. And I couldn't take it, I snapped at her. I didn't mean to it was just too much." Yasmina held Sammy close to her as she spoke, running her hand through her hair."I know, love, I know."