Hangman's necklace

When I entered the house, I was greeted by a worried mother with tears in her eyes.

-Daughter, I was worried. I couldn't get a hold of your cell phone, and Bradley told me he didn't know where you were.

Just as I was about to answer, Dad came out of the office with Uncle Maverick. I looked at him and turned to my mom.

- I broke my cell phone last night. I was down on the beach in the hut. And do me a favor. Don't tell Rooster where I am and don't let him in the house.

-What did he do? I'll take him right away... - the uncle began to growl.

-Uncle, leave it to me. Everything is fine. - I answered him and smiled. He straightened when he saw my smile.

- Sometimes you scare me with how serious and sinister you can be.

- I'm Kazansky. Do you remember? - I said and patted his cheek. I headed to the room dressed in the dress from last night. I took a shower and looked in the closet. Since I am an analyst, that position brought me one privilege. And that is that my uniform was not mandatory. I wore jeans, a light white shirt with ribbons that formed a bow when tied and a sky blue blazer over it. At the bottom of the closet were boxes with my heels. I chose the only favorite heels that I have ever bought on purpose. Beige Christian Louboutin heels with a high thin heel. If I have to break hearts today, at least I can look and feel like a goddess. When I went down to the ground floor adjusting the watch on my wrist, I heard a whistle. Maverick was shocked at my appearance while Mom was smiling. She often told me that I had to use my appearance sometimes.

-Captain, are you driving to the base? I would like a ride. - I asked.

- Of course, lieutenant. You're not driving today?- he asked, continuing my game of strict conversation.

-No. I have an appointment for coffee after my shift and I have to buy a new cell phone. I broke the old one last night.

-Alright. But...I got here by motorbike.

- I have a helmet.

I answered and headed to the garage. We got on the motorbike and started. He wasn't driving at his usual pace. The sound of the engine hit me as I held on to my uncle's waist. We stopped inside the hangar where the pilots were ready for the exercise. Everyone was looking at who Maverick was driving. Just like in the movies, I took off my helmet and tousled my hair with my fingers and my heel touched the floor before I got off the bike. Maverick understood the game immediately. I threw the helmet at him and headed towards the office. My proud and confident steps echoed through the hangar. I could hear everyone's hearts stop for a moment.

- Aria! Aria! For God's sake, stop! - I heard Bradley's voice behind me.

- Lieutenant, how can I help you? - I answered and sat down at the table.

- That last night... I swear nothing happened. I swear to you. She was drunk.

-Bradshaw...stop it. I'm not interested in your explanations. I trusted you.

- Give me a chance to redeem myself. Please. Hangman told me last night that you broke your cell phone and that you were crying.

-That's right. And he was there for me again. I think this between us...

- Don't break up with me.