first love, late spring

'i'm super shy, super shy but wait a minute while i make you mine, make you mine

'i'm super shy, super shy but wait a minute while i make you mine, make you mine...'

The sound of bike tires rolling against the soft pavement of the road was drowned out by the atrocity of her singing, none the less in public... yikes

The air had been getting colder signaling that summer was over and fall was coming to stay. As she loves the cold weather, the young girl decided to bike to school instead of sitting in a car with Kyo, Yuki and Tohru for a whole 10 minutes. There was nothing wrong with the latter two it was just the prior boy. 

After the whole summer vacay love fiasco, she decided it would be best if she just stayed away from Kyo. You know running away from her conflicts was her specialty. She groaned as an ad interrupted her jam to unnatrual by wjsn, check them out by the way she thought as she winked at an invisible camera.

Arriving at school, she double knotted her bike to the flag pole, not wanting a repeat of what happened last time - having to buy a new bike when you're broke doesn't really work out. She made her way to the stairway and sat down, putting her earbuds away into her pocket.

There was still lots of time before classes begun and she needed some of Haru's energy today so she decided to wait for him. She pointed her feet together and then pointed them away from eachother, doing that continuously as a way to be distracted.

"[name]?"

god damnit, god damnit, im going to end it all she thought before slowly looking up. There he was in all his annoyingly beautiful glory, staring down at her like she was a piece of fish. Stupid cat, "Kyo! What a surprise, I didn't expect to see you today!" a smile plastering her face.

"Didn't expect to see me? I go to this school too you know." His eyebrows raised slightly as his eyes squinted, a joking smile on his face. "Oh, right." She giggled nervously, itching the base of her palm. "What are you doing out here?" He dragged his sentence out, turning his head to look around at the empty school lot.

"I'm waiting for haru, felt like walking with him today." she said with a small smile, as Kyo turned to look back at her. "Oh," he voiced, scratching his bright orange hair. "Are you sure you don't want me to walk you? I think Tohru and Yuki are already inside."

At his request, she looked up at him with her mouth slightly open. All her life, everyone knew she had been crushing on Kyo since before they could remember. Her face always lighting up once she saw him, a light blush dusting her face anytime he spoke to her. But now, she has all the opportunities she never did before, the chance to explain how she actually feels. She wants or wanted him to know that she loved him, not just the whispers Shigure whispered in his ear about how she was 'crushing so hard, its obvious.'

But now, not so much. She's decided to push all those feelings down the drain, focus on her school and maybe find another guy who wouldn't ignore her needs and only come to her for his. Not saying that Kyo was selfish, she just knew anything between them wouldn't work out with their chemistry at the moment. She wanted everything to stay the same without the awkward tension. She wanted the Kyo who was her best friend, she wanted the Kyo who would joke around with her and spend time with her, but now?

She's decided, she's not going to be the one to get hurt.

"Hello?.." His voice snapped her out of her rant, "Oh sorry um. Yeah i'm fine thanks, I think haru should be here any minute now!" she blurted out before standing up abruptly causing her to loose balance in her foot. With a thud, she landed on his chest, his arm coming around her shoulder instinct to steady her.

She bit her tongue and sucked in her breathe before pushing away, "Sorry," She murmured, he bit the skin on his lip as if stopping himself from saying something. Say it, please say it. Say something, anything. Her mental pleads coming to and end when she felt a hand land on her shoulder.

"Sorry for the wait, c'mon, lets go." Haru was there lightly tugging on her shoulder as he and Kyo temporarily  clashed eyes, then - just in that very moment, it hit her. She knew what she had to do.