Speculation

Several microphones waved in front of my face, and the flashes from cameras were blinding. Questions were being thrown at me left right and centre, I was completely trapped. There was still around 10 minutes before the end of the fan meet, so even if I called for help, there would be nobody to hear me.

"How did it feel to sing with Mr Kaulitz?" One lady asked.

"You two sound so natural together! Have you met before?" Another yelled.

"Paparazzi pictures show you and him entering the venue together. What do you have to say about that?" A man dressed in a suit queried, and the rest of the interviewers fell silent, awaiting my response. Dumbfounded, I just stared at the large circle of cameras and microphones that had formulated around me, unable to move or speak.

"I- Uhm-" I sputtered, feeling a wave of dread and embarrassment flush through me. Seriously, paparazzi camp outside the concerts too?

"Well uhm, I'm Bill's...Makeup artist." I lied,  grunts of disappointment and realisation coming from the flock of interviewers. Slowly they cleared away, and I sighed in relief. By that time, the band was making their way out and Bill approached with an eyebrow raised.

"Looks like someone's a little popular?" He laughed a little. I rubbed my head, a headache forming from the encounter with that group of people.

"I kind of lied and said I was your makeup artist," I admitted to which he tilted his head in confusion. "I was put in the hot seat back there, they said that paparazzi caught us going inside."

He nodded and hummed in thought. "Maybe that's not such a bad cover story. At least you won't have to hide away when we're at concerts, right?" 

I nodded and smiled at his positivity. It was one of his most admirable traits, tied in 1st place with his adorable smile. 

"I had some fans ask if us two were dating as well," He giggled dopily, "Obviously it's just speculation! I just mean that you shouldn't worry about the media. They'll post anything they think, even if it's not true. Which it definitely isn't." Bill flashed me a shy grin, blushing slightly, which I returned.

"Bill was sooo flustered, it was hilarious!" Tom piped up, clapping his brother on the back, who looked down to hide the furious blush on his cheeks.

"Awh lay off him, Tom" Georg chuckled. I smiled stupidly to myself before taking a deep breath to contain my squeals.

"Maybe we should get going, you guys" I suggested to change the subject, and the rest of the group agreed. We boarded the bus and made our way back to the hotel.

When we arrived and got back to the room, I instantly flopped on Bill's bed and sighed contentedly. He sat next to me and smiled brightly, the way that made my heart melt.

"So who was that girl down there?" He asked. Right, I hadn't told them about Heidi yet.

"Heidi! She's really cool" I responded, and Tom shot up from his own bed.

"Heidi? Where!?" He shrieked excitedly, making me laugh.

"No, idiot. I'm talking about the girl I met at the concert, not the model."

He sank back into the mattress, disheartened. I rolled my eyes, smiling at his antics.

"She actually said she could try and get me a job working in a theatre! It's well paying, so I should be out of you guys' hair soon." I chuckled a little. Bill plastered a sad smile on his face.

"Oh..right! We'll miss you a lot." He said, and I looked down. I forgot that I was meant to leave after I got a stable source of income.

"I'll miss all of you guys too, you're practically family at this point." I replied, and Tom fake sniffed, crawling onto Bill's bed.

"I promise I'll be like the big brother you never had!" He pledged, placing a hand over his heart and saluting. 

I laughed at his stupidity, "I actually do have a big brother-"

"Silence! Don't you dare ruin this moment." He shot me a serious look before pulling me and Bill into a group hug. 

"I love you guys" Bill grinned, getting sentimental.

We all laughed and played tag, and had a pillow fight before heading to bed. I turned the lampshade off and hugged Bill's pillow tight, ready to sleep.

Speculation, Speculation. What if it wasn't just speculation? 

Well I knew what I'd be dreaming about that night.