Flower Picking With Xiao

(Not from author: Hello and welcome to the first oneshot :3 This one's Xiaolumi, and I made Xiao hate Paimon for some reason :D Have fun reading! Also tell me if you want a Part 2)

"Huh? Oh, it's you..what have you come here for, traveler?"

"What else would I be here for? Here, I made you almond tofu."

Lumine hands him a plate of almond tofu, smiling at Xiao.

She could tell that underneath he really appreciated the small gesture she did for him. He took the plate of almond tofu from her hand, then he closed his eyes for a few seconds.

"Thank you.."

He said softly, a slight smile appeared on his lips. He seemed more human than he usually was, which was very rare.

"No problem! Hey Xiao, what are you doing on the rooftop all by yourself?"

Xiao stared at her for a few seconds with his piercing blue eyes, then laughed softly. He smiled at her.

Just enjoying the views alone. I guess, there's a beauty in loneliness.

"That's nice...may I join you?"

Hmph, of course.

Xiao moved over so she could sit down beside him. He still had his eyes closed, taking in the scenery of the night sky of Liyue as his Anemo vision glowed softly. A gentle wind passed by, making his hair sway, and his clothing move along with it. The only thing breaking the silence between you two was the slow, steady beating of his heart.

After a while, Lumine fell asleep on Xiao's shoulder, as she was tired from cooking his tofu and from doing commissions.

Xiao noticed out of the corner of his eye that she had fallen asleep on his shoulder while he was still sitting on the rooftop. He stared at her for a few seconds, then smiled gently, as he found it cute and wholesome. His expression remained unchanged, but his shining golden eyes had small hints of amusement in them.

"...How cute."

the next morning, Lumine woke up in a bed, and Xiao was sitting beside her on the bed.

"H-huh? Oh, Xiao!"

Xiao looked at her with his piercing gold eyes as you woke up, it was like she was suddenly the only thing he could see in this mortal realm.

"Good Morning, Lumine."

His voice was soft, calm, and gentle. His face remained stoic, but his eyes seemed to have found a warm spot in his heart, which was where she was.

"D-did you take me here? Did I fall asleep? Oh no... I'm so sorry! Paimon must be fuming!"

"Yes, I did bring you here. I carried you here with my own hands."

He stated bluntly, his voice was once again cold and blank. She could feel the air cooling down around her. His yellow, piercing eyes met her and reflected her soul, almost like he could see her thoughts and emotions if she ever showed them. After a few seconds of silence, he spoke again.

"...You do not need to apologize. Stay with me for awhile longer."

"So you don't know where Paimon is?! Oh no...but I guess I could stay a little longer..but you have to help me find Paimon after, got it?" Said Lumine, sighing.

"That brat is a pain, I know where she is, so we don't need to worry.." Said Xiao, as he let out a soft sigh.

"Woah! You don't usually talk like that, it's surprising."

"I have my limits.."

He spoke bluntly, but there was a hint of amusement in his voice. He seemed to have grown somewhat comfortable around her, since he was able to make jokes and show other emotions besides cold, blank expressions and stoic answers. This was a surprise to her, as he was known to be as cold as ice itself.