2

X

X

"Happy birthday to you, happy birthday to you..."

I record Axton as all his friends and family sing to him with a big smile on his face. I take my eyes away from my phone and take in the scenery of his birthday party, dangling flashing green lights hanging around the backyard, a bunch of stand-up posters of Axton from when he was little to now, all his gifts in one corner, everything was truly amazing, and I was proud of making my baby happy on his birthday.

After everyone finishes singing to him, he attempts to blow out his candles.

"Mommy help me!" He grunts with a forced crease on his forehead, and I can't help but laugh.

"Blow harder baby, it's your birthday, not mine " I reply, making my way towards my son who's sitting on his "throne."

"On a count of three ok! I already made my wish so chop chop please!" He rushes me as I pick up the pace.

Snappy little boy.

I stand behind Axton, turning the camera towards us as we blow out his candles together. I'm always hesitant when it comes to Axton needing help to blow out his candles, partially because I've seen multiple kids crying on my Instagram reels since someone else blew out their candles.

"What did you wish for, Axton?" Jaden asked.

I know it's a surprise that I invited him, but he brought my son a gift and wanted to be there for his party, so I saw no harm in that.

"I can't tell you or else it won't come true," he dismisses Jaden as I smile. I noticed Jaden staring at me for quite a while now.

"What?" I asked as I grabbed some napkins to wipe Axton's sticky fingers off before he dug back into his cake.

"You look beautiful tonight." He tells me before scanning my entire body. I was wearing a green off-the-shoulder body dress, which was flowy, giving me room to move around since I'd been active all day with decorating.

The sun was starting to set so it gave a beautiful vibe in the backyard, reflecting against my skin with the green lights just adding to it.

"Thank you," I smile up at him, finishing with wiping Axton's fingers.

I headed to the kitchen to grab a knife so I could cut the cake for the other guests.

"So, what your plans after this?" Jaden asks as he follows right behind me while I search for the knives in this gigantic kitchen.

The Ricci's clearly don't play about their money.

"Working and spending time with my son, why?" I asked as I spotted the knives making my way outside.

"Wait, wait!" Jaden pleads as I turn around confused.

"Goodness girl, you're quick on your feet aren't you?" He chuckles before folding his arms.

"I mean, there's guests waiting, give me a mo-"

"Neissa."

I sigh before putting all my weight on one leg, "What do you want to say to me Jaden," I look at him as he pushes his hair back with a slight tint of blush around his nose.

"I want to take you ou-"

"Heyyy Babes, we got hangry mini bodies out here, let's get the move on," V walks in, cutting off Jaden's proposal as my eyes widen.

"Right," I say quietly before stepping outside the sliding door, leaving Jaden there by himself. The kids started to scream once they saw me with the knife and Vanessa with mini plates, ready for their slices.

I kinda felt bad.

__________

"Now V, why would you do that," I whisper yell as me and her wash the dishes. Mr. Ricci was playing with Axton in the living room, I could hear his deep voice screaming with Axton's giggles, purposely losing.

Everyone left and it was 11 at night, I decided to help clean up because I actually enjoy it sometimes and Vanessa wasn't gonna let me do it alone.

"I don't know what you're talking about dear," she bats her eyelashes, acting innocently like she didn't purposely butt into Jaden asking me out.

"V you always do this, stop acting clueless, you know you had cut Jaden off, why?" I stopped scrubbing one of the glassed cups before placing one hand on my hip.

"Neissa you were practically running away from him, and he was following you around like a lost puppy. You can blame it on you being busy hosting the party or whatever, but I see right through you little girl," She squints her eyes at me, zooming close into my face.

"Girl- back up," I popped her mouth.

Calling me a little girl, tuh.

"Nene, you got soap in my mouth!" V whined before starting to gag.

Ugh, my friend is too dramatic.

__________

"Goodnight baby," I tell Axton before obnoxiously kissing him on the cheek.

"Mommy please, I don't like wet!" I laugh as I purposely annoy him. "Ok ok," I cut his TV down a little as he was watching ben-10.

Right when I was about to place down his remote, I noticed something big in the corner of his room, it stood out compared to the other gifts he'd received.

"Axton, who gave you this?" It was like a gift box with multiple gifts inside, each section either having very expensive shoes, clothes limited edition action figures, and a replica of a ben-10s watch, it looked customed and shiny...

"I don't know, it was hiding behind all my gifts! It's my favorite one!" He chirps up from his last position, cheesing.

"Mmm," I hum as I notice a card at the bottom of the box. Before opening the card, I noticed a very specific Initial and Signature right in the middle of it.

-- D.R

★ ★ ★