The Park and Tea

Mammon POV.

I walked to the park with Luke and Carlos in my arms. They were giggling and talking to each other. We finally get there, and I set them down so that they can go play. I sit down on a bench and watch them play, making sure that they don't get hurt. I took care of my younger brothers, so I am pretty good with kids.

I watch the two of them play happily, then they run over to me.

"Can you spin the merry go round!?" They both spoke in sync, so i giggled and nodded my head. I stood up, and they each grabbed one of my hands to pull me over to the merry go round.

I let them choose the speed that they're comfortable with and then push it around and around. I can hear their laughter as they spin.

Barbatos POV.

I got a call from Simeon asking if we could talk over some tea. He sounded genuinely concerned with, so I, of course, said yes. I hear the doorbell ring and walk over to get it. It is Simeon as expected.

"Hello Simeon, is something troubling you? You sounded rather concerned over the phone." I could tell that he was anxious about something, as I led him to a small table for two. I then poured some tea into his cup.

"Yes, you know Mammon?" He seemed concerned when saying that. I am also rather interested in what is going on with Mammon. He has always been so cut- I mean intriguing.

"Yes, is something wrong with him?" I asked him, tilting my head slightly in confusion.

"I'm not sure, really, but he and Luke have been getting close. He's been taking Luke with him and his son Carlos when they go out to the park or any other activity. Is Mammon a trustworthy person to have Luke around?" He said this in a very anxious tone, clearly getting stressed by this.

"Mammon took care of his younger brothers in the celestial realm and after the fall. He even took care of Lucifer after the fall, and if Luke is comfortable with him, then that is a pretty good sign that he is trustworthy. It took Luke a while to trust me and even longer to think of me as a parent figure. If Luke trusts him, then we have nothing to worry about." I spoke in a calm and professional manner, I know that it calms Simeon down when I do.

"I-i guess you're right... and also there is another thing that I would like to speak to you about..." He said this with a nervous look on his face. He did something he thought could be considered wrong.

"Go ahead." I wanted to make sure he knew he could speak to me about whatever was bothering him.

"I, okay, so what do you think about being in a poly relationship?" He said this with a very concerned look.

"It depends on the person that you want to bring into the relationship." I wanted to make sure he knew that I was poly myself.

"H-how do you feel about Mammon? I-i wanted to speak to you about this before getting closer to him." He looked extremely anxious about what I was going to respond with.

"He's cute, and Luke likes him. So I wouldn't mind us getting a bit closer to him." He looked incredibly relieved by my answer.

"Oh, thank goodness! I was worried I was the only one who thought he was cute!" He blushed after speaking, so I knew that he didn't mean to say that out loud.

After we speak about it a bit more, Simeon's DDD begins to ring. He answers the call.

"Oh, hello, Mammon! Yes, it would be lovely if you could drop off Luke, but I'm currently at the castle, so would you mind dropping him off here? Thank you so much!" He then ended the call. "Mammon is going to be dropping off Luke, so we should ask him to coffee or something along those lines." I nod, agreeing with his suggestion.

A couple of minutes pass, and then I hear the doorbell along with giggling. I get up to go answer it with Simeon. I open the door, and Mammon is wiping some ice cream off of Luke's face while his son Carlos is on his back.

"Dad!" Luke sees me after Mammon gets the ice cream off his cheeks, and so he runs up to me and hugs me. I chuckle softly and hug the little angel back as Simeon walks up. "Papa!" Luke then runs up to Simeon and hugs him to.

I turn to Mammon, and he is now cleaning the ice cream off of Carlos's cheeks. "Would you care to join us for some tea, Mammon?" I asked him as Luke was hugging Simeon.

He turns to us after cleaning Carlos's face. "Oh, sure, as long as I'm not intruding on anything!" I smile at him and shake my head.

"No worries, you're not intruding. Besides then Carlos and Luke can play for a bit longer." He smiled and nodded at my answer.

"Well, sure then! Carlos, how would you feel about playing with Luke some more while I speak with Barbatos and Simeon?" He asked Carlos as well. He's so good with kids.

"Yes, Papa! Hey Luke, my Papa says we can play together for a bit longer!" He turned to Luke after responding to Mammon.

"Yay! Thanks, Mamsy!" Luke excitedly pulled Carlos out to the garden near where Simeon and I had been having tea.

"So what type of tea did you make Barbatos?" Mammon said. He then turned to Simeon and I after giggling at the kids.

I was blushing lightly, and in the corner of my eye, I could also see Simeon blushing. "It's vanilla rooibos. It's made with some human realm ingredients. Mc brought them over when they visited." I answered as soon as I realized I had been staring.

I heard giggling and saw Mammon. He was giggling for some reason. "You alright over there, you two? You've been zoning out?".

"Sorry about that! Come on now, let's go get that tea before it gets cold!" Simeon spoke up before I could and turned to lead the way, I followed behind him and Mammon.

We get to the table, and I pull up a third chair for Mammon. We begin speaking mostly about Luke and Carlos. It gets to around 6 p.m., and an alarm clock goes off. Mammon reaches and grabs his DDD, turning off the alarm. "Sorry about that! I have to make dinner tonight over at the HOL! Carlos, we have to get going soon. Say goodbye to Luke!" He then turns back to Simeon and I. "I'm so sorry to be leaving in such a rush, but I don't want Lucifer to hand me upside-down again. I have to take care of Carlos, y'know?" He looked a bit worried, but for the most part, he was pretty calm.

"Oh, before you go, would you like to go out to coffee with Simeon and I later?" I said, making sure to ask him before he left.

"Sure! I'll make room in my schedule! See you three later!" He said his goodbyes to Simeon, Luke, and I.

Luke ran up and hugged him. "We can play again later, right?" He asked Mammon.

"Of course, Luke!" Mammon replied to him.

"Good! See you soon, Mams!" He waved goodbye after letting Mammon go. He also said goodbye to Carlos.

_________________________________________

Sorry about the wait for this story! If you read my other book, you would know that I was getting married and was on my honeymoon. I forgot to write a part of this book to explain that I would be taking a long break for that. Thank you guys for waiting, I'm sorry it took so long!

-Love Caen🤍