Dark Thoughts

A/N: Credit to Elmax4LifeAAAAA for the idea!
TW: Suicidal thoughts/attempt, rape/sexual assault
Max's POV:
God knows how long I've been in this fucking darkness. It's pitch black everywhere, there's water up to my ankles. I hate it.

I just wanna go home. I'd do anything to be back in Hawkins. Anything to even see something other than just... emptiness.

I think I'm in the void. El told me the void was pitch black, and there was shallow water. I didn't think it'd be this bad. No wonder she hates going there so bad. I miss El. I miss everyone, I just wanna go back.

It's all Vecna's fault. He used me and my trauma to get what he wanted, revenge. Revenge on the world? Or revenge on El? I have no idea. I just really hope that motherfucker is dead.

I think he is though. I used to hear his voice, only as a whisper, but one day it just vanished. There's no way he's still out there. El definitely killed him. I mean, how could she not? Did you see the way she made him levitate? That was badass.

As you can probably tell, when you're all alone and in constant silence you have a lot of time to think. Most of the time it's random shit, like what does ice cream tastes like again? I've sort of forgotten it, also how the fuck have I not died of starvation yet? How come I'm never hungry?

As I began wondering what dog breed each of my friends are, I suddenly felt a subtle heat on the top of my head. I looked up, and I saw something I never knew I'd be so grateful for.

Light.

White light, a bit of blue. Bit of grey. I don't really care what colour, all I know is I'm heading for it.

I jumped up and my fingers brushed over the 'hole' in the roof, and immediately I was transported into a tunnel of flashing colours and voices. I heard constant beeps, multiple people talking.

"Nah, I'll... and sleep here tonight."
"Alright...j- bye."
My mind's fuzzy, the voices muffled.

A door closed.

Suddenly, I felt aware. I could hear things clearly. I could smell things. Mostly bleach. I could taste the cool air and feel a soft hand in mine. It felt slightly limp, but still held mine tightly. It felt very familiar, but I couldn't figure out exactly who.

The last thing I needed was sight. And well, taste. But sight first. I urged my eyes to open, but they didn't. I swear to god if you don't fucking op-

They opened.

Light blinded me for a second and it took a few seconds for them to adjust. Fucking hell, I can see. Shapes, lights, colours. All of it.

I then remembered the hand in mine and looked to my right, seeing someone asleep in the chair beside me. They were wearing a hoodie and had their hood one but I could still tell it was El.

"El?" I said, my voice sounding hoarse. I cleared my throat and attempted to speak again. "El?" That's better.
She still didn't respond so I caressed the back of her hand with my thumb. "Eleven."

She jerked awake and flinched back for a second before her eyes met mine. They widened and she didn't blink for a good 5 seconds.

I chuckled. "Hi." I said, oddly calm.
"Max?" She asked quietly, her eyes already filling with tears.
I nodded and she immediately hugged me tight. It didn't hurt though.

"I thought I lost you." She said quietly, close to my ear, making me shiver slightly. "I'm so sorry."
"Don't worry, you don't have to apologise. Nothing that happened was your fault. At all." I assured her.
"How long have I been out?" I asked once we pulled away.
"6 months." El answered.
I was shocked, I've been in a coma for 6 whole months?! "And you stayed this whole time?"
She nodded, "For the most part. We all have, even the adults like Joyce. She's gone to Alaska for some weird conference now though."