13.

I made sure Onika did all her work, last night since she was staying at my house

I made sure Onika did all her work, last night since she was staying at my house. Her grades have improved so much since the last time I checked them and I was so proud of her.

It was 6 AM and soon I was going to have to wake her up for school. I just knew she was going to have an attitude but oh well, we can't be late.

When I pulled the covers down, she was spread all over the bed, with no pants or shirt on. I wondered how she got like this but knowing Onika, she probably got hot and stripped.

I lifted her up so she was sitting correctly and kissed her head. "Wake up baby." I rubbed her back until she started whining and pushing me away. "Don't start Onika, get up."

She groaned, half sleeping. "Daddy I'm tired."

"I know baby, but you have school."

She sighed, wrapping her arms around me so I could pick her up. I sat her on the sink and she leaned back, damn near asleep.

I rubbed her thigh as I got her toothbrush ready and told her to open her mouth. She didn't since she was half asleep and I rolled my eyes.

"Onika."

She hummed, raising her brows a bit but only for a second before they fell right back down, with her eyes.

"Wake up." She didn't reply but I knew she heard me so I squeezed her thigh. "Now."

She whimpered loudly and it soon turned into a cry. I didn't care though, at least now I could brush her teeth.

She cried the entire time and tried to move my hand but I popped hers and she stopped. That only made her cries louder though.

I just shook my head, turning on the shower. It's always a problem to get her ready in the morning. "We don't have time for your tantrums this early in the morning."

She covered her face, "Daddy please." She cried out.

"Nope. We have to go, it's the first day since the break."

Her pout deepened and she kept whining but at least she reached for me.

We washed together and she had calmed down a lot after her shower. She was wrapped up in her bear looking towel, waiting on the bed for me.

I lotioned her up and she tried to lick my hands. My face crunched up. "You're so weird Onika."

"Daddy you wake me up and not even say good morning."

I grinned, "Because the first thing you did when you woke up is started crying. It's too early for that."

She pouted, looking down at me as I lotion up her legs. "You not love me." She covered her face again.

I chuckled at her dramatics, grabbing her wrist and moving it from her face. I pecked her lips. "You know I do. Give daddy a kiss."

She leaned up, pecking my lips with that pout still on hers. I just laughed to myself. She just decided to wake up this morning with an attitude.