Another Day, Another Body

Rain, it was a rare sight for Los Angeles but a welcomed one after suffering many days of blistering heat. What wasn't welcomed was the loud, shaking thunder going off every minute or two scaring pedestrians off the sidewalks. While some consider these conditions to be bad, one man in particular, considered this to be the perfect weather for taking out the trash.

Driving down the streets was a black limousine heading towards the docks, the driver was a normal looking man dressed in a black suit with a medium azure tie around his neck with slicked black hair and brown eyes that kept their sights on the road. His passenger however, was anything but normal.

His passenger was dressed in a white suit with the coat hanging over his shoulders, exposing not only his toned torso wrapped in a blue-grayish vest, but also his scarred arms from his dress shirt's rolled up sleeves. A top of his head was a white fedora with a blue band with dark blue stripes across it. Finishing off his classy design with a pair of black dress shoes.

Normally, the clothes wouldn't raise any red flags since there were a fair share of people who liked to wear suits in Los Angeles, but it was the one wearing the clothes that raise the red flags. The man himself had the resemblance of an orca with scars riddled on his face and with eyes so red, and so terrifying he brings the Big Bad Wolf to shame. This man was known in the underground as The Killer Whale, and rightfully so. Killer Whale was not only a crime boss with the biggest empire the underground has ever seen, but he was a crime boss who preferred getting his hands dirty than stay in the shadows. It's even believed that his first kill was when he was nine years old, and has enjoyed the blood lust ever since.

"We're almost to the docks sir," the driver commented.

A soft hum was the only response the driver got from the crime boss, who was staring outside the window enjoying both the sounds and the sight of the rain and lightning flashing across town.

"Such a shame," the crime boss thought while stretching his back, wanting the drive to last a little longer to listen to the rain a bit more, but he's got a job to do. Straight ahead Killer Whale  could see two of his men outside the windshield, sitting between them was an unfortunate soul who had their wrists and ankles tied together and their face covered with a burlap sack. The piece of trash thought he could outsmart the Orca family by swapping out the real crystals from the fake ones. Oh, but he was about to learn. 

Once the vehicle had came to a stop, the driver had walked over to the passenger door and opened it for the man, watching as his passenger got onto his feet. Standing at his full height it was no wonder people feared The Killer Whale; not only was his build intimidating, but his stature proved to be just as scary. He easily towered all who were at the docks and if he wanted he could easily break their bones or toss them aside.

His footsteps were heavy against the dock, causing the wood to creek under his feet and send shudders down the poor shmuck in his ropes. With a simple hand gesture, he commanded one of his men to remove the burlap sack off of the poor shmuck's head.

"Alejandro," Killer Whale huffed, as if he wasn't surprised by this man's actions, "So you've been the one swapping out the supplies."

"Hey man, you would do what I did if you knew how valuable these crystals are!"

"Oh I know their value, but people tend to have more... value... when they follow orders," Orca hummed, knowing full well Alejandro was never one to follow orders, let alone understand what it means to be the head of a crime syndicate.

"T-That's not fair! You know I have a hard time listening to orders!" Alejandro complained, trying to win over the crime boss with his crocodile tears.

"Fair?" Killer Whale cracked a wide grin, erupting into laughter.

Poor Alejandro watched as the man slowly regained his breath while walking over to the cinderblock, putting his foot on top of it.

"That's rich coming from someone who tried to con us with fake crystals." He teased by rolling the cinderblock back and forth with his foot. Increasing the poor man's heart rate with every sound the cinderblock made with each rotation.

"No, no, no, no, no, please! Have mercy!!"

"You should have known Alejandro, cross me," he nudged the cinderblock over the edge of the dock, watching as the force dragged Alejandro off the dock and into the depths below with the sound of thunder crashing in the sky instead of the sound of a splash to the watery grave of Alejandro. "You sleep with the fishes."

Once the bubbles had receded, Killer Whale turned away from the water then snapped his fingers, commanding his two men to follow behind him and get back to the car they came in. KW, on the other hand, walked up to the driver of his limousine.

"Shall we return sir?" the driver asked, getting his keys from his pocket.

Killer Whale shook his head, "Weather's too nice to pass up a walk." He then walked past the driver and down the street, turning into the corner soon after disappearing from his men's sight. 

The streets were practically empty because of the downpour, which made the day even more perfect for the Mob Boss. Not only did the rain feel good on his skin, but the absence of people was music to his ears; no one to scream in fear when he was around. The only sound that accompanied him was the sound of the raindrops hitting the concrete, puddles that were already formed, or even the tin roofing to some buildings. Yes, it was days like these that The Killer Whale could get his mind off of the stress of being the Mob Boss he was, at least for a short while.

His thoughts were soon interrupted by the sound of a box shuffling near an alley way ahead of him. He thought nothing about it at first, thinking it was either a stray dog or cat looking for food, but it wasn't until he heard the sound of a human did he think twice. In his occupation, you would think the sounds of people in agony would be nothing new to the crime boss, but something about this sound was off to him.

Walking into the alley way, he crotched down to get a better look in the box. The Killer Whale found himself looking down at a sleeping human girl curling up as much as they could. Her black hair was tangled, her clothes were tattered, and her dark skin was covered in dirt and grime.

The Killer Whale was no stranger to seeing people on the streets, heck most if not all of his workers lived on the streets before he took them in to work for him, but never has he seen a human child this young wondering the streets. Now the question was, should they take her in? Kids weren't exactly Killer Whale's forte; in fact, he hated kids. They were uncontrollable, loud, and often too nosey for their own good. If this kid saw things he didn't want her seeing, she could easily be a box floating down the river. Then again, she's alone out here and if she were to stay out in the rain any longer she might just get sick and die out in the streets without the proper care. Killer Whale may hate kids, but he hates kids dying even more.

He sighed as he shrugged off his coat jacket, wrapping it around the girl and scooped her into his arms while fishing out his phone from his pockets. Quickly dialing a number, he brought the phone to his face once it started ringing, "Hello, Anthony? Looks like I'm going to need that ride back after all."