The Unexpected Guest

Once more, the Killer Whale had found himself staring outside the window in the back of the limousine, now with this sleeping little girl wrapped in his coat underneath his arm. Due to the lack of a child seat and the knowledge she was too small for the seatbelt alone, the Mob Boss had to secure the child at his hip, even using his arm as extra security. Part of him was wondering what was he thinking in just taking this girl off the streets, but another part of him was making mental notes on what she needs at the moment.

"A bath is certainly in order," he thought, averting his gaze from the window to her disheveled hair and dirty face. Not only were her physical features completely grimed up, but her clothes were in no better condition either. If the Mob Boss had to make a guess, the child was likely wandering the streets of Los Angeles for a week or two at most to get clothes this tattered up. "New clothes, food, perhaps a toy or two to keep her busy." He may not have much experience with kids, but he at least knew the bare minimum of what they needed in order to thrive. His thoughts were soon interrupted by the sounds of the little girl groaning. "Oh great, it's awake." Killer Whale thought.

Sitting upright, the little girl yawned as she rubbed the sleep out of her tired little eyes, not yet grasping the situation she was in

Sitting upright, the little girl yawned as she rubbed the sleep out of her tired little eyes, not yet grasping the situation she was in. Once the sleep was out of her eyes, the little girl looked over her surroundings in confusion. One minute, she was in a box big enough to keep her dry from the rain, and now she was in a car covered by a man's big coat. Panic was starting to seep over her until she looked up at the Mob Boss at her side.

Her facial expression alone was something the Mob Boss wasn't expecting. He was no stranger to seeing terror in the eyes of the people, children and adults alike, but the girl's eyes had no sense of fear what so ever. Rather, she seemed... curious? Has she never seen him or heard of him before? True, most kids her age don't pay attention to the news, but even parents knew better than to keep their children out of the loop if there are bad guys involved. She is either very brave or down right ignorant.

After what felt like an eternity, she broke the silence between the two with a soft spoken 'hello' towards the mob boss.

"Ah, a timid one," Killer Whale thought staring back into the eyes of the child who greeted him. Might as well amuse her at this point. "Evening," he grunted. 

The little girl gave him a small smile before sitting up right beside him, averting her eyes away from him. Did she do that out of fear or out of courtesy? Didn't matter, he was just glad she was no longer burning holes through him.

"We'll be arriving shortly sir," the driver announced.

"Thank you Anthony," huffed Killer Whale as he sat up straight, once again glaring at the child at his side. "Let's set a few things straight shall we?" he began, grabbing her attention, "I'm not someone you want to cross little one."

As if to make a point, the mob boss grabbed her chin and positioned her head up to be eye to eye with her again. "For as long as you're under my roof, you're to follow my rules.  You are to address me as 'Sir' and only 'Sir'. If I want you somewhere, you better be there and on time none the less. Finally, stay out of my office. Do you understand?"

Without so much of a second thought, the little girl responded with a soft but firm 'Yes sir' towards the crime boss, her expression void of change.

It's an odd feeling, the mob boss has had many comply to his whim without so much as ask questions, but to have this child comply so quickly... This child truly had no idea the danger she could put herself into and this... This raised a lot of red flags to the mob boss. "Such a strange child," he thought, letting go of her chin.

The limousine came to a stop in front of a white French Colonial style mansion, with several palm trees surrounding corners of the house.  Two men who were standing in front of the door approached the limousine door and opened it for the Killer Whale and his guest.

"Welcome back sir," they both said in unison, watching as their boss stepped out of the limousine with a child in hand. Despite the rising questions they were having, both men knew better than to question their boss, especially when he had further instructions.

"See to it Georgia gives this child a bath, and while she's at it, get the measurements for some new clothes for her. I want her to be presentable for dinner tonight," he instructed, giving the girl off to them while he disappeared to his office.

----

Knock knock knock

"Enter," Killer Whale instructed, putting the papers down on to his desk to be greeted by one of his men.

"Dinner is ready sir," he informed.

"Thank you Tony," the mob boss sighed as he got up from his chair and walked out of his office with Tony following soon after. "And the kid?"

"She'll be joining you in a short while," he answered back.

The Mob Boss sighed while rubbing the bridge of his nose in exhaustion, knowing Georgia she's going over the top again. "Tell her the kid is too young for make up and that her presence is requested now," he growled as he entered the dining room.

"Of course sir." Tony answered while closing the dining hall doors behind him. Which were soon opened not even five minutes later by a woman with long black hair who bore the same black suit as all the other men in the mansion.

"Georgia," Killer Whale greeted with a bit of irritation in his voice, "I hope you didn't go overboard on our guest."

Georgia playfully scoffed at the Mob Boss's remarks, "Quite the contrary sir. I do believe I made her... presentable by your standards." Stepping aside, Georgia revealed the little girl was freshly cleaned from all the dirt and grime from her skin and her hair was brushed out straight, even looking a lot smoother than what it looked like before. Her tattered clothing were disposed of and replaced with a puffy looking blue dress with a dark blue ribbon wrapped around her abdomen, finishing off her look with black dress shoes.

"May I present to you Aki, sir."