The Dinner

Aki took the sides of her dress and curtsied graciously towards the mob boss, likely something Georgia taught her to do while getting her ready for dinner.

"Ain't she a peach Sir?" Georgia commented while leading the child to the seat at the far end of the table. Said child climbed into the seat with ease despite her height. Once seated, Georgia pushed her seat in to be closer to the table. 

A soft spoken 'thank you' came out of Aki, bringing a smile to Georgia's face.

The Killer Whale sighed as he walked passed the suited woman and child towards his seat on the opposite side of the table, denying the woman's services as he pulled himself in towards the table. 

"Will that be all, Sir?" she asked while leaning against Aki's chair.

"That'll be all for now. I'll have you summoned once... Aki, is ready for bed," he instructed while looking over at Aki, who was looking down at the table but perked up her head when she heard her name being called.

"Very well, enjoy your dinner sir," Georgia answered while letting go of Aki's chair and walking out of the dining hall, closing the doors behind her. With Georgia gone, Aki and the Killer Whale were left alone with an awkward silence looming over the two once more.

"So," Killer Whale coughed, trying to break the silence between them, "Aki was it?"

"Y-Yes sir," the child yelped while sitting up. Her voice was a little shaky, but was much more clearer than what it was in the limousine.

"Georgia wasn't too much for you was she?"

"N-No sir, she was very nice to me."

"Good. If anyone ever does bother you inappropriately, please inform Tony as soon as possible. I will not tolerate ANYONE harming a child under MY roof," he informed her, watching her as she nodded in compliance. "Now tell me, why were you sleeping in a cardboard box? A kid your age shouldn't be wondering the streets alone."

The little girl looked a bit hesitant to answer the Mob Boss's question. He was right to say that she shouldn't be in the streets, but what choice does she have? She can't go back. No, she doesn't want to go back.

Her hesitation did not go unnoticed by the Mob Boss, under normal circumstances he would have forced the information out of her, but it was clear to him that she was likely troubled. Yelling at her might cause her to shut herself in, so he had no choice but to let her answer at her own pace. However, before she could even answer his question a man from behind the Killer Whale appeared from the door behind them wheeling in two plates on a serving table, which ending up distraction Aki. "Such is the way of a child's short attention span..." hummed The Killer Whale in defeat.

Aki watched the man placed her plate in front of her, housing thick cuts of pan seared salmon served with solid peices of steamed potatoes and peas on the side. Seeing how Aki was far too young for alcohol, Killer Whale had instructed she'd be served lemonade instead of red wine with her salmon. "I get to eat this?" she thought to herself while poking holes in the salmon.

"I expect you to leave nothing behind," she heard the mob boss from the other side of the table while he himself was easily slicing through the salmon on his plate, "I'm not having Theodore make some kid's meal-"

Before he could even finish his sentence the Killer Whale witnessed Aki go from timid little girl, to a feral animal in nanoseconds; tearing into her salmon as if it were still alive. It wasn't until she was about halfway done with her salmon did she notice the Mob Boss looking at her with a raised eyebrow.

Aki knew she was raised better than this, but she couldn't help herself! Good food like this after three weeks of just eating out of garbage cans would make anyone devour their food with ravenous behavior. "Sorry," she went back to poking holes into her salmon again, "Food's good though."

"... Theodore would you prepare a second plate for Aki; I'm afraid one plate isn't going to be enough for her."

She heard the mob boss instruct, watching the man known as Theodore nod his head and head back to what Aki could only assume was the kitchen behind those close doors. "T-Thank you, sir!" she hollered with excitement.

"Just be sure to finish what you have on this plate before he comes back; don't want to be rude now, do we?"

She immediately shook her head and quickly started eating the remains of what was on her plate before Theodore came with her second plate.

----

After dinner, Georgia was once again summoned to take Aki to her room and prepare her for bed. Aki sat in front of a vanity mirror while Georgia brushed her hair down for the night. Despite finding a dress in Aki's size, the remaining clothes were unsalvageable and rather... out dated to the suited woman. Georgia had to settle with using one of her boss's dress shirts as the little girl's pajamas for the time being, with his permission of course. As expected, the shirt was much too big for the little girl, but Aki didn't mind. In fact, she looked content with the shirt.

"Don't worry sweetie," Georgia comforted while brushing Aki's hair one last time, "Me and a few designated boys will go out of town and buy whatever you need for your time here, pajama clothes included."

The Killer Whale didn't exactly have anything that would entertain a child, let alone clothe one that lived in the twenty first century, so he instructed a few of his men (and only woman) to take Aki out to buy whatever she needed, as well as things that will keep her away from his line of business.

Aki couldn't help but look at Georgia with a disgruntled look when she mentioned there were going to be boys joining them, which didn't go unnoticed by Georgia.

"Oh, I know hun, the boys can be a little overbearing but it's for your own safety Miss Aki. The Boss would have my hide if we left you unattended," she chuckled while leading Aki to the bed in the room.

While that wasn't the reason Aki was disgruntled about the boys going with them, she simply nodded at Georgia's reasoning before gasping a big yawn and crawling into the bed provided to her.

Georgia was quick to grab the sheets from the bottom of the bed and tuck Aki down for the night. "Have a good night Miss Aki," she whispered before leaving the room and closing the door behind her, in the hall she was face to face with the boss.

"Kid's asleep?"

"Yes sir."

"Good. See to it that Tony investigates her background; see what he can find about her."

"Sir?"

"These newer gangs have been trying to make a name for themselves by using kids as bait to start turf wars, and even if she's not part of a gang's plan she's not entirely innocent either. Silent children can be just as dangerous if they've been out in the streets long enough."

"O-Of course sir," was all that could come out of Georgia's mouth when her boss commented those harsh statements. It's true that they all live lives in the underground, but would the kid be involved in shady business? She seemed unaware of all that goes down in the underground... right? No matter, she had orders and needed to see to it that Tony got word about the Boss's demands, "I'll let him know as soon as possible Boss."

"Wonderful," he huffed while looking at the door to Aki's room. "Reluctance, hunger, out in the streets alone," the Killer Whale's thoughts were spiraling, "What secrets are you hiding Aki?"