Chapter 30

▃▃▃▃▃▃▃▃▃▃▃▃▃▃▃▃▃▃▃
╔═.★.══════════╗
𝑀𝐴𝑅𝐼𝑂𝑁𝐸𝑇𝑇𝐸
╚══════════.☆.═╝
▃▃▃▃▃▃▃▃▃▃▃▃▃▃▃▃▃▃▃

"What...do you think...you're doing?"

The scent of blood clouding the room was nothing compared to the anger boiling up inside you. The demon hunters you captured for nights, kept alive for days, were consumed by the very demon standing with his back turned to you.

He didn't seem to hear your question, he continued to bite on the leg of a demon hunter before he threw the limb to the side. Your anger only intensified. You could care less about anyone devouring these demon hunters, but not until you take their hearts.

"I asked..." you muttered, feeling like your anger could no longer be contained. "What do you think you're doing?"

You were quick to charge at him, lifting your leg as you aimed for his head. You were sure you hit him, his head should be rolling on the floor by now. But when you landed on the ground you realized what you hit was nothing but air as the demon straightened up.

He crouched down just before your leg could connect to the back of his head, his reflexes were that fast, you thought to yourself. He didn't even spare you a glance as he turned around which made you mildly irritated. He continued to walk before he noticed the demon hunter you left on the floor.

"This one's still alive," he said, bending down.

"Don't touch her."

You lunged at him, kicking him on the side of the face which would have decapitated his head from his shoulders but instead his head was simply turned to the side, dislocated before he cracked it back to its placement.

"What are you doing?" he asked, holding the side of his face as he looked at you in genuine confusion.

"I asked you first."

He stood up before he took a step. You were sure it was on purpose, him stepping on the demon hunter's head, crushing her skull. You watched as he continued to walk before your eyes slowly trailed to him.

That was when you saw it.

His eyes, with the same kanji writing as Douma's eyes. But the kanji written were different.

Lower One, it was stated.

"You smelled like Douma," he said but you were hardly listening as the cogs in your head started to turn and thoughts began to flood your mind. "I don't even wanna know how you have the same scent as that bastard, considering his nature. What I wanna know is where the hell is he?"

You seem to have dissociated yourself for a while, just staring into space. You never believed in coincidence or fate or whatever humans call it, but if this is what fate is you think you'll actually start to believe in the nonsense of humans.

"Where's Douma?" he pressed and you blinked your eyes, pulling yourself back from your pondering thoughts.

"He's...not here," you muttered slowly as Lower One let out a sigh of disappointment before he started to walk. You turned around to look at him. "Where are you going?"

"You said Douma's not here, so I'm leaving," he said languidly, waving his hand.

You watched as he put both of his hands at the back of his head while walking. But you didn't let him get near the door before you blocked his way. He stopped and put his arms down, opening his eyes to look at you.