Two: Good vibes

Austin, TexasWednesday, August 13, 19754:07 P

Austin, Texas
Wednesday, August 13, 1975
4:07 P.M.

M A D D O X

We weren't finished putting things in the correct place yet and so far, I was ready to quit and just see what the nosy neighbors were doing. Mom had Dad and I put some things up but most of the time the movers had helped.

Since Dad didn't need my help anymore, I went outside to see some of the neighbors still looking at our arrival like we were famous or something. Airhead had her headphones on once again and this time she had on her purple roller skates.

I never knew what she got out of that. I always thought it was stupid to skate in the middle of the road where you could either get hit by a car, scrape your body, or just have so many injuries you would die of internal bleeding.

I blame Kayden for actually showing her how to skate. He really impacted her life as a coming of age child. The two were inseparable, which made me wonder why was I so different from them? Sure Kayden and I were close too but the two of them were different close. I always felt that Kayden saw Airhead as his favorite sibling anyway.

"MAXXXX!!!" Mom dragged out with a shout, causing me to groan running my  hands through my short hair. I try to get one breather in and now I have to do something else.

"COMING!!!" I yelled back, going towards the house we were now about to call home. Still, I hated the idea of us moving to this racist state. When I walked inside of the home, I noticed mom and Dad laughing in each others arms then he dipped mom, kissing her.

Eww, I didn't need to see that.

"You called me mom?" I questioned looking at the two who still kept their hands on each other, which dad hands started to roam around moms body. Once again, I didn't need to see that either!

"Yes- Honey Stop!" Mom giggled mid-sentence when dad grabbed her ass and kissed her neck on down. My face started to become disgusted on what I was seeing and I turned around walking out the door.

"I'll be back when you guys are finishing shaggin!!" I called out going back outside to see the wonders of this town again. Mom scolded me loudly at what I said but she knew I was right. They were going to find a place to shag because that's what married people do.

Airhead continued to skate in the neighborhood as I walked over to stop her. She suddenly stopped but almost fell on her ass in the process and I snickered.

"Look, I'll be back before the street lights come on. I'm going to take a look around the neighborhood." She oohed with a smile coming on her face.