Chapter 17

Palazzo Medici Riccardi, Florence, Italy

As they entered the palazzo everyone's eyes went wide. They were amazed. The rumors were true, the Medici's lived like kings and were viewed as saints to the people of Florence. As they waited by the entrance of the party for the hosts to come and greet them, the Tudor's could not believe their eyes. The king and queen looked around at everything having their own quiet discussion between the two of them. Lady Margret Beuford could not believe all this excess was all to honor a saint! In England not even a royal wedding, coronation, or the birth of an heir would have this large or splendid of a celebration. Arthur stood next to his wife with her hand in the crook of his arm. He thought it looked fascinating! He had never seen anything quite like it. His wife on the other hand tried her hardest to listen to the words that Queen Elizabeth had said to her earlier, but Catherine thought that she was safe for a few moments to show her true facial features of disdain and disgust. The queen's back was to her so she took a deep breath, allowed herself to roll her eyes to the back of her head and relaxed her muscles back into a face displaying pure revulsion. Who did these people think they were? They weren't kings or queens. Kings and queens were chosen by God himself to rule and govern over their subjects. It was an insult for them to know that real royalty were going to show their faces at this 'celebration' and make it this excessive. Who did they think they were? If her mother was here she would potentially consider this an act of war by insulting her wealth and prosperity as Queen. Meg and Mary were like two giddy school girls taking everything in astonishment. Upon finding out that Harry's future bride was from Italy and that they all would be going there to retrieve her, Meg and Mary had been reading everything they could get their hands on concerning Italy. Upon seeing all the extravagance and beauty in front of them they were speechless. It was even more magical than they had even dreamed. Looking around Harry could not believe his eyes. This party must've cost a fortune and it wasn't even one of the biggest celebrations on the Christian calendar. The people at court, members of the royal family and members of the council would lose it at the thought of even creating a celebration a fraction of this grand.  After a moment of allowing their eyes to wander. The Tudors were now face to face with a group of people who had made their way over to greet them. There stood three people, two men and one woman. All looking similar, the same striking facial features and the same eerie confidence shared amongst them.  Then the man, the one who seemed to be in charge, began to speak.

"Welcome Florence, we hope that your travels were well. I'm Lorenzo de'Medici , and this is my mother Lucretzia de'Medici, and my brother Guiliano de'Medici." They all nodded their heads, apparently in Italy the rules concerning ruling and those of nobel blood varied in Italy. He then continued. "I must admit we were rather surprised to receive word of your visit. I know how much the English men love to relish in their own lands." There was a brief moment of awkwardness. Lorenzo was trying to intimidate them. He was making his position very clear that you might have a crown but I have the gold and with that the power. "Anyways, I hope that you all enjoy the celebrations." He held up his goblet of wine and rose it in the air. "To Saint Luke's day" he said and the Tudor country responded in unison. Then after Lorenzo's brief introduction Wolsey came forward to introduce the royal family.