6

You and Pinecone were running on top of the buildings towards Snowtop Mountain. The two of you eventually make it to the last building and stop at the very edge.

'There's Snowtop Mountain,' Pinecone said.

'How tall is it?' you ask.

'Many miles.'

You jump down off of the building. Pinecone follows.

'I've never been on here, nor do I know anyone who's been here,' Pinecone said.

'Neither do I,' you said, looking up at the top of the mountain.

~

'Sandy, what's that?' you ask curiously, sitting by the sliding glass door.

'That's a mountain,' she replies, walking over and sitting down.

'A mountain?'

'Yes. It's very dangerous to go there, especially for a young kit like you.'

'It looks so cool. I wish I could go on that mountain.'

'I wouldn't recommend it at all. But I'm sure you'll be able to go out and wander the city soon.'

'I want to go outside.'

The older woman walked over and opened the sliding glass door. Sandy walked outside.

'You can go outside,' she said. 'But be careful out there. Sandy, watch out for Sam,' the older woman said.

'You're allowed to be let out,' Sandy said.

You slowly walk outside.

A few moments after you walk out, the older woman closes the sliding glass door. You turn around and look through the glass.

'It's okay. She let's us back in when we're ready,' Sandy said.

'Oh, okay,' you say. 'Lead the way. Where do you usually go?'

'This way. I'll introduce you to my friends.'

'Okay.'

You follow Sandy and eventually climb some brick stairs up to another part of the city. Both of you go to a part and sit near a very elegant fountain that looks like it has a very historic design to it, hundreds of years old.

'Sandy! You made it!' a calico cat said, walking up to the two of you.

'Yes. You know this is our usual spot. Has  Charlie made it yet?' Sandy asked.

'Haven't seen him yet. He should be here soon though. Who's this?' The calico cat looked at you.

'Sam. They were recently adopted.'

'Oh, well, welcome to the city then. I'm Penny.'

'Thank you. It's nice to meet you,' you say.

'Nice to meet you too.'

'Sorry I'm late guys, I had to go to the vet today and I had to get shots,' Charlie said.

'Ugh, I hate getting shots. I don't understand why we even have to get them,' Sandy said.

'Something to make us feel better or something like that,' Penny said.

'What's the vet?' you ask.

'It's a place where these humans take care of you if you're sick or need to get shots,' Penny said. 'But I don't think you'll have that problem, since you look like an AI.'

'An AI?'

'It's what humans name artificial intelligence. In short terms, you look like you're a robot. And that's not a bad thing. You're pretty much invincible.'

'That's so cool!'

'I'm guessing they are recently adopted?' Charlie asked.

'Yes.' Sandy said. 'This is the first time she was able to go outside.'

'Cool.'

The four of you explore the city until dusk before going home.

~

'Sam!' Pinecone shakes you.

You shake your head again.

'Oh, I'm sorry, did I do it again?' you ask.

'Yes. Are you sure you're okay?'

'I've been having flashbacks.'

'Of your past life?'

'Yes, but let's walk and talk.'

'Good idea.'

The two of you start walking towards the mountain.

'So the first time it happened, a girl found me and took me home with her. I met her other cat and her name was Sandy. The little girl then put a collar with me with the name Sam on it,' you said.

'Oh, interesting. What about the second time?' he asked.

'Basically, short story short, I was let outside to wander the city with Sandy. I met her friends and then we just hung out around the city until we were ready to go back inside.'

'What were the friends names?'

'Charlie and Penny.'

The two of you continue to chat about it until you reach the base of Snowtop Mountain. You look at the trail, which seems to be well traveled. On both sides of the trail, there is a forest, which makes it look eerie. Pinecone starts walking and you follow.